Help please - I've resigned from my job

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry but does anyone know how this works?

Thanks

VF

I’m curious, if I wanted to start looking for work in a month, part time perhaps, do you think I could switch over to Jobseekers until I found something? To be honest I don’t even know what my claim is now, I get the feeling from the DWP that they will pay me for as long as I have a sick certificate and when I don’t they won’t.

You can go onto Jobseekers after a period on IB. I would however by loath to suggest it for various reasons.

Firstly, until you get proper treatment, CBT or otherwise, you are highly likely to enter a phase of trying to work then becoming ill again, repeating this cycle. The self inflicted pressure of trying to get back to work asap can be incredibly damaging to your mental health. The depression increases when you try and fail to keep down a job due to your mental health can make things ten times worse in the long run. I know this from personal experience.

Secondly, you can really damage your long term job prospects by rushing back to work, then finding yourself too ill to continue. The references can be a bit bad.

Also, JSA advisors don't really enable you to just go for part time- financially can you afford to survive on part time wages alone?

Better to consider a period of time to give yourself a chance to heal properly, IMHO. But you and your health professionals need to make that decision.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .