Thunderpuss2k vs Birmingham Midshires (Halifax) **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Lizzy,

You should be able to claim the Early Repayment Charge. The arrgangement fee is less clear cut as it probably relates to the new agreement rather than a consequence of breach of the old one.

If they have not paid after 14 days for the penalty charges I would whack a money claim on them and add the interest.

All the best

Zoot

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on your payouts!

The letter is really taking shape! It is a bit of a mishmash from various sources including the template. The bit about OFT provided by Gizmo and most of the legal bits by me. Its getting a little long but at least it leaves the banks in no doubt that we know our rights!

A word of warning if any one wants to use it make sure that you put it all in the same font as the font changes several times throughout!

Also I've spotted an error:

s.4 Unlawful Contracts Terms Act 1977.

Sorry that should be the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977

All the best

Zoot

• Confused 1

I would imagine its a simple ERC for ending the old product, although they could possibly argue that its for a service of switching products. If they do state that its a service for switching don't take their word for it ask for a copy of the terms & conditions of the old product and see if there was a term relating to ERC which reflects the charge.

Zoot

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing BM have the same legal team as Halifax. Acknowledgement signed A O'brien?

I made my claim 4th Aug, Acknowledged with intent to defend on 9th, deemed served on 12th, Letter stating would payout 6th Sept, cheque received 9th.

So it shouldn't be too long for you

All the best

Zoot

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic news!

Another success they're coming thick and fast and long may it continue!

I'll arrange for your title to be changed and don't forget to fill out the survey.

Enjoy your payout

All the best

Zoot