• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

help with court request HFO for a monument card

linz2011
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

This is the document I sent - sorry but it is all a bit complex

thanks

I have received the Court claim filed by your Company. To enable me to file a defence and counter-claim, I require specific information regarding the account to be provided forthwith. Given that this matter is now the subject of legal proceedings, you are obliged to disclose under the Civil Procedure Rules, the information and documents detailed below. The information must be furnished by the . If you fail to comply, this will be reported to the Court, a copy of this letter will be provided as evidence to the same and an Order enforcing your compliance will be sought.

IN RESPECT OF THE ALLEGED DEBT CLAIMED, I REQUIRE:

1. A true copy of the executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of any default and at the time the account was opened.

2. All records you hold on me relevant to this case, including but not limited to:

a. A transcript of all transactions, including charges, fees, interest, repayments and payments.

b. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor

c. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account.

d. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you or the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

e.Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

f. Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

g. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

h. A genuine copy of any deed of assignment, or proof that you have a legal right to this money.

i. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

j. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

k. A copy of all account statements for the duration of the agreement.

3. Any other documents you seek to rely on in court.

4. A copy of your complaints procedure, as required by the Consumer Credit Act 2006.

5. Clarification of the date you acquired the debt, what organisation you acquired it from, their registered office, their company number (if any) and what legal title they had to this debt, and what credit license number they had at the time that the debt was purchased or entered into.

I must advise you that if the information is not forthcoming, it will be reported to the Court that you are trying to frustrate proceedings and denying me the opportunity to file a defence and counter claim.

I sent the CCA request over 12 months ago and heard nothing then received a court claim 6th May which i acknowledged and sent the CPR request (above) but have not sent it to the court, they sent me a letter saying they wanted to resolve this and asked me to call them - which i did not - i completed an allocation questionnaire so did the claimant and this is the next piece of correspondence i have received

Forget about the CPR request. It means nothing.

Just list, in section one of the N.265 all the docs upon which you intend to rely. I would hazard a guess you have none. Docs does not mean statutes or cases etc, but docs which are in your possession relevant to the action. If you have none, say so. You can send a letter to the claimants sols saying that rather than completing a blank form etc.

Remember, it is for them to prove the claim.

They also have to file a list of docs and supply copies of any docs you request in the list. They will list all the docs upon which they rely to prove the claim. It should include the agreement, default notice and statements at least. When you have the copies you request (ask for the lot), you will be in a position to consider the claim and whether they can prove it.

If they do not produce a signed (by you) agreement - game over. Some of the other docs will allow you to formulate your case. If you intend to argue matters not currently in your defence, you will have to amend your defence or you may be barred from arguing the points.

Everthing else is form filling, let them lead in that respect. you are in the end zone and it is now time for them to put up or lose. Play your hand to the end, but if they produce the goods you will need to settle to avoid hefty costs consequences. Don't bottle it now. Get the docs and then post again.

I am new to this site and have helped a couple of people in last few days. I will duck in and out and not always available, but when you get the docs, someone here will be able to tell you if they are good paper or not.

Keep in mind they must prove the claim. You have to prove nothing and probably cannot in any event - how do you prove a negative i.e. "I did not receive the default notice" etc.

Thanks aloysiush

Fast track is a new area for me - but you have posted what I have managed to learn today. The important thing is whether or not the CCA appears on their list. If it doesn't then (as aloysiush so succinctly puts it - GAME OVER)

If it is on the list, then you definitely want to see it to see if it's enforceable or not. Similarly any default notice.

Keep us posted.

Thanks very much for your input - basically it is like you say I am not relying on anything as there is nothing i have so do I not have to list anything before the 31st

thanks for looking in

Really sorry but do i just sit tight and do nothing and wait for the court to contact me with the list?

thanks guys (((((this is me wishing I did not have to ask so many questions and take up your valuable time))))

The other side will send you the list of documents that they have. You need to do the same, even if only to say you haven't got any. Under CPR Part 31.6 the claimant is supposed to disclose:

(a) the documents on which he relies; and

(b) the documents which –

(i) adversely affect his own case;

(ii) adversely affect another party’s case; or

(iii)support another party’s case; and

© the documents which he is required to disclose by a relevant practice direction

By 'disclose' it means he msut admit that he has them. It is up to you to ask to see them, as far as I understand.

linz2011,

They will serve (send in the post) you with the list. If they do not, you will need to make application via N.244 for them to comply with the order. Sit on your hands for now and give them 7 days grace (beyond time provided) before taking further action. Just send your letter saying, 'I have no documents upon which you intend to rely or at all' and use that phrase, now.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Hi

I have tried to do the bulk of this on my own (with the valued knowledge I have gained from this site) however, I am a little out of my depth.

I have submitted everything that is required and the court case was scheduled for November and the judge agreed to adjourn it as the court made an error and printed the wrong court on the hearing date - lucky for me because I had no idea it was a 2 hour hearing and turned up with nothing?????

Anyway this is what the Judge has ordered and the papers I have received from the other side - so really would like some guidance from your goodselves

Edited by linz2011

Where is your defence?

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Sorry Josie, all that went in ages ago, this is just what has been received since the adjourned court case on 20th November - it is the 2 hour case I am slightly worried about - just needed to know if what they have here is watertight

Thanks

hiya linz2011

i wish you the best of luck and hope far more experienced people here soon will come along to help but i cant see the defence neither

can you scan it for us all pls

take care for now ciao MAZ

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

That is everything they have to rely on - I am not too sure about the Reply Card thing but surely it is insufficient? and they have only sent one statement should they not sent the whole statement of account?

I just need loads of mud to sling but just need it clarifying by you guys ;)

Thanks Maz for looking in :)

Sorry thought I had posted it but it says:

It is ordered that

1. Unless the claimaint:

(a) by 4.00p.m on the 4th December files and serves amended POC

pleading the claimaints title to the sums allegedly due and giving full particulars of how the sum claimed in comprised (as to capital and interest)

and

(b) by 4.00p.m on the 4th December file and serves a statement explaining the claimants solicitors answers to question one of the pre trial checklist dated 22.8.08

and

© by 4.00p.m on 18th December files and serves a witness statement complying in ALL respects with the provisions of the Civil Procedure Rules and condescending not only to the claim but the matters set out in the Defence the claim will be struck out (without further notice) with costs.

(2) Upon full compliance by the claimant with Paragraph 1 above further directions will be given to lead an adjourned trial of this claim

(3) there shall be no order as to costs of today

Thanks

well it certainly looks like the Judge is on your side.

The CCA is totally unenforceable and they have not issued you with a default notice.

You need X20, PT to look at the directions, I'll ask X20 to pop in as PT is extremely busy.

Jogs

• Haha 1