Speeding Fine Help?!

La Tristesse Durera
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

I need some advice about a couple of speeding fines.

In October I got caught doing 47mph in a 40mph zone. When I received the letter from Thames Valley Police a few days later I completed it and then returned. Then, in May, after hearing nothing - I received a Court Summons. I forgot to post this back within the timeframe and subsequently lost it. I later got a fine and points (I sent my drivers license to the DVLA which has since been lost by them).

Then this week I received a Court Summons about a separate speeding offence that relates back to November (78mph in a 70mph). This is the first I've heard of it and they've scheduled a Court hearing for the 4th August.

I'd like to know where I stand with appeals etc because I had a clean, unblemished record until now, been on numerous driving courses and consider myself to be a good driver never having an accident either in the four years I've been driving. I had two minor slip ups last year... argh. Any advice? Is this a CAB jobby?

DPA Requests:

AMEX (3 accounts)

Capital One

GE Money

Sent 23/08/2006

DPA Received:

Halifax (All accounts since 2002)

- Will send letter 29/08/2006

I'd dig out yer passport and start packing mate. DVLA, a once respectable organisation have now gone EU. That is they follow the state is supreme agenda.

Just expect the worst, the biggest fine they think you can pay and screw yer life up as much as possible.

They only have to lay the information in the magistrates court within 6 months, it doesn't have to be served within the 6 months. Unless it's for the offence of failing to notify the driver where they get an extra 28 days for that.

I need some advice about a couple of speeding fines.

In October I got caught doing 47mph in a 40mph zone.

Then this week I received a Court Summons about a separate speeding offence that relates back to November (78mph in a 70mph).

been on numerous driving courses and consider myself to be a good driver

Doesn't really matter what you consider yourself does it?

The law dictates.

btw, why not ask for a refund from your driving courses?

• 5 months later...

The points and fine stand for the first offence - you were convicted in your absence and that absence was, by your own admission, entirely your fault.

I cannot understand how you have received a summons for a second speeding offence 'out of the blue'. Unless you were stopped at the time and warned of the possibility of prosecution, there must have been a NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) sent to you. Is there a copy of this in the summons bundle?

If you did not receive a NIP but they sent one, then any prosecution can only be for failure to supply as required by S.172 of the RTA 1988.

If it really is speeding, then the prosecution fails as no NIP was served (within 14 days of the offence if you are the RK).