HFO charge on property

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have received a letter from HFO saying they are going to take me to court for a barclaycard debt. the debt was £500 now it is £2071.86. I am in the process of writing to them asking them to send proof a copy of my credit agreement.

they have also sent me a copy of a letter from Barclaycard stated that they have assigned my account to HFO Capital Limited. The logo does not look orginal.

What do I do ? do I write to Barclaycard ? please advise me.

I also received a message from HFO stated that they are going to take me to court. please advise me they also informed me that they were going to put a charge on my house. I am currently unemployed because i am caring for my parents.

Hi

I have received a letter from HFO saying they are going to take me to court for a barclaycard debt. the debt was £500 now it is £2071.86. I am in the process of writing to them asking them to send proof a copy of my credit agreement.

they have also sent me a copy of a letter from Barclaycard stated that they have assigned my account to HFO Capital Limited. The logo does not look orginal.

What do I do ? do I write to Barclaycard ? please advise me.

I also received a message from HFO stated that they are going to take me to court. please advise me they also informed me that they were going to put a charge on my house. I am currently unemployed because i am caring for my parents.

Quick question : is the house in your name or in your parents' name?

If the house is your parents' name then there is nothing they can do - what they have stated is just an empty threat.

On the other hand if the house is in your name is it completely paid for or is there a mortgage on it? Or any other loan secured against it?

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

How old is the card ? don't forget that it could be that they owe you more than you owe them....don't forget the excessive charges + 8% compounded interest....for example a charge of £30 on 1st January 2003 is now worth £43:25 to you !!!! there is a good calculator here....

Bank Charges: Reclaim them, they’re unlawful, includes free template letters ...