Apex and Lloyds Tsb

rosa28
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have received the following demand for a loan account and current account that is now closed.

Lloyds have continuously taken monthly payments from the current account to pay for the loan and of course being in an "unplanned" O/D situation the charges have piled up. The accounts were placed in the collections dept in Brighton and a token repayment offered but was refused.

Apex have now demanded payment in full but have added the loan account and current account together.

I have sent a prelim letter to LLoyds to recover the charges, which I had hoped would cover most of the balance owed on the current account.

How do I respond to Apex regarding this?

Thanks for any help with this one.

apex1.jpg

IMG%5D

Don't call them Apex are thugs.

Write ASAP - I am sure more experienced folks will be along soon - this is very heavy handed behaviour even for a DCA but I suspect is it basically a shock tactic to get you to call and try and bully you into paying more than you can afford.

DO NOT CALL them - did they not bother to sign it?

Did Lloyds write to you to tell you they were transfering it to Apex - they did with me if they call don't talk to them - Apex try and be clever but you can insist on everything in writing

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

thanks redvixen, lloyds sent a letter confirming their refusal of token payment and to say the account was being transferred. They also said I could make offer to the DC once transferred.

This is the 2nd letter from apex. On receipt of the the first demand I sent CCA request but have nothing as yet.

Should I write to inform them that they have combined 2 accounts? one of which is the subject of charges?

Thanks for help.

How long ago did you send the CCA request?

A CCA request probably won't cover the overdraft as it won't be governed by those regs. I certainly haven't bothered CCA anything to do with Lloyds as it isn't relevant I believe the request will cover your loan

I was told by the CAB who sent my initial letters to my creditors (which Lloyds ignored) that Lloyds rarely agree to any payment plan but that the DCAs they deal with usually do - I think that is a bit generous to DCAs but it may be worth making your offer to them - there is something to do with writing without predjudice on the offer which is important which hopefully someone else can confirm

I still think they are being heavy handed - I got threats from Apex but then is was suddenly transfered to SCM when I wouldn't play ball - by not playing ball I mean refusing to talk to them on the phone - they gave up very fast really

The in house parasitic solicitors (SCM) are more vicious about the whole thing but sometimes combine the loan and current account sometimes they don't. I am in a very similar position to you. Overdraft made up entirely of charges and a loan I was unable to maintain payments on after losing my full time employment in Nov 07. Now dodging the usual bull**** while I try to get then to agree to my payment offer.

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

The DCA will not acknowledge the charges issue they are working of info given to them by Lloyds though past a certain point in the charges proceedings the charges issue does put that account into dispute and they SHOULD drop it for a while BUT THEY WON'T.

I don't know the official line regarding the accounts being merged I assumed it was just to make this more complicated for me

I am claiming PPI back - which will cover over half of my alleged debt but this is also being ignored

The PPI Saga

thanks for your replies. SCM were the solicitors who phoned while the account was in collections and said the monthly offer was unacceptable. I suffer epilepsy badly and had to give up work 12 months ago so the account began to take a downward spiral.

My income is ridiculous and even though I kept them informed they weren't interested so the charges piled on.

Sorry to see you too have been treated shabbily. Hope all goes well for you.

CCa request went last month 10th June.

I sent lloyds and SCM breakdown of income and expenditure showing all I could afford but they still want the blood as well. I just don't know how to go about things now as I get very poorly under strain etc. I imagine many people do with these people.

So they have defaulted on the CCA request if it was about the loan and will have committed an offence in 12 + 2 + 30 days.

I really hope someone more knowledgeable than me confirms regarding CCA and loan

I think SCM writing to refuse the offer was a ploy to scare you - I bet the contact number was the Lloyds collection centre - they did that to me with my credit card - that has since been passed to another DCA who so far have been very quiet

They will make all sorts of threats - one line I took was along the lines of this is my income this what I can normally afford at the moment please bear in mind that should Lloyds decide to throw their toys out of the pram and take court action the judge will be working off the same figures and you may end up with a lower payment. Hasn't stopped them making more threats but it does tell then that I will not back down

It might be worth seeing your local CAB they may not do a huge amount (I think it depends on which CAB you use) but will write on your behalf making an offer - half the problem here is that the weasels ASSUME we know nothing But they KNOW the CAB know exactly what our rights are. Other CABs I know have taken a huge weight off people so with them and CAG behind you, you can breath a little more easily

The PPI Saga

Hi

Just subbing to this as I am in a similar situation with Apex, they are not the nicest DCA to deal with.They ignore everything.

Would be interested to know if they are allowed to demand a combined amount, particularly if one account is in dispute due to charges. Does anyone have any sort of letter to deal with this?

• 4 weeks later...

just updating with the latest on this.

I have written to apex informing them that part of the sum they are demanding is subject to charges which are about to be reclaimed. They totally ignored this and have issued a further letter stating they will be taking legal action for recovery of the full amount.

Does anyone have a strong letter for me to send regarding this?

The current account is the one with charges attached due to Lloyds taking out the loan payments each month even though the account was not being used.

thanks for any help and advice.

Rosa - did the letter say they definitely would be taking you to court or did it use the word - 'MAY'. If it was may I have had loads of letters like that and it hasn't come to anything yet.

Have you sent your letters recorded and have they been delivered? I would write again and ask for a copy of their complaints procedure - mind you I have asked both SCM and Moorcroft for theirs and haven't received anything yet

I would also reiterate your offer of payment. They know that if they take you to court a judge will make a decision based on the facts not their whims so it is probably not worth their while.

I am going to try and find a way of making payments into my loan account regardless as I think it will count in my favour if they do decide to take it to court. They have now defaulted me for it

The PPI Saga

Hi redvixen and thank you for your reply.

Their letter states that papers are being prepared for the issue of a county court claim and is headed "formal notice of defaulting account"

I will send an offer of token repayment for the loan account but it just bothers me that they are merging the two accounts. The prelim for claiming back charges has been sent to Lloyds so i gather that account at least is in dispute?

All my letters have been rec.delivery

Have you had a formal default notice? - it might help if you scan the last letter so someone can have a look at it

Unless Apex have bought the debt I am sure Lloyds have to issue that

I have also had preparing papers one as well from moorcroft that was crap as well

• Haha 1

The PPI Saga

Hi Rosa,

you need to send Apex a letter advising them that the account is in dispute with their client Lloyds, therefore by Apex chasing you for money, they are breaching OFT guidelines. Respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the original creditor Lloyds, for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as Apex cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

Go on to say that if Apex chooses to ignore dispute and attempt enforcement to collect the debt, then you will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I would recommend a copy to LLoydsTSB too, you can use the registered address of 25 Gresham St, London EC2V 7HN.

Sorry its not a fully worded letter, but if you edit accordingly then put in your own details.

DO NOT PHONE THEM!

Good luck

Red

• Haha 1

thank you red vixen and reduk for your advice and help on this. Sorry if I appear a bit thick, "just stressed"

I will get a letter out to apex regarding the account with charges on it and make an offer for token repayment on the loan account.

thank you

• Haha 1

update

Thanksfor the previous advice reduk and redvixen.

Apex have agreed token repayments on the loan and have returned the current account back to Lloyds for the charges dispute.

Many thanks for guiding me through this.

Rosalynd

Glad that you have a resolution of sorts Rosa, i would personally still request that all of your paperwork is returned to Lloyds until they sort the other mess out. You don't want Apex hassling you again to try and force you into paying more than you can afford!

Any how, in the meantime, you appear to have made some groundway, so that is a result!

Hope that this gets sorted for you!

Red