old council tax nightmare (its a long one)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As bailiffs are involved which means it has been to court, I believe the limitations act wont apply.

Unless the council let the debt run for more than the six years (unlikely), then they cannot apply for a liability order after the six years.

You will need a breakdown of the years that are unpaid and the date that the liability order was issued.

Ask the council for that information and post it on here and then we can see what is to be done.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
now thats what i wanted to hear.i was under immense stress at the time and also unemployed if you could call caring for someone unemployed i`d always hoped that if it came to the crunch a court would look at the circumstances but i`ll leave that untill the axe falls :eek:

thanx

S.C

Afraid the courts wont be interested in anything other than your 'liability' to pay. If you were on benefits etc and were entitled to a reduced or no tax, then they would, otherwise it is just rubber stamp and issue.

The courts don't even look at the names, it is just a big spreadsheet and is stamped at the bottom meaning all on the sheet are liable.

Just in case you had a worry about credit, council tax arrears or liability judgement does not get recorded on any credit reference agency file.