What to do when you simply cannot afford to pay a parking ticket?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can't really argue the case, as they have rather extensive footage of my terrible crime.

Which was me parking in a Loading Bay for 7 mins, because I thought it had said in the Blue Badge book that I could use my badge while parking in a loading bay, but apparently not.

I wrote to the council, explained the error, I also wrote to them explaining that I had no money, and therefore could not afford to pay the ticket.

I now have debt letters from a collection agency talking about a distraint order.

I know enough to know I am not going to open the door, should they ever turn up here. The car is safe since I don't actually own it, it is leased from Motability, so as far as I am aware they can't take it away, I have to give it back in 18 months.

Thing is, the debt isn't going to go away.

So can anyone tell me what is going to happen next, will I get a chance to plead my case in a court of law at any point.

First of all Dravi welcome to CAG! :)

Sorry for your prediciment though, have you explained to the council of your circumstances that you are unable to pay due to financial difficulties? If so what has the LA said about this?

as for the DCA ignore them (as such) and try only to deal with the council, 1 it will upset them and 2, your much better off talking to the organ grinder and not the monkey.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

You might have argued disability discrimination though.Disabled! Forget about that, we are only interested in the strict contravention, NOT antecedent causes EVEN when we manufacture them ourselves.Camden took a loss of £4000 in costs trying to defend the indefensible. NOT finished. Obviously it has gone too far to retrieve your case, but perhaps for next time, a look at the methods and how to assail them is here.The claim......index Some of the letters. index The proof of breaching the disability act 2005 http://www.logiclaw.co.uk/Injustice/l3.html

Edited by Medusa

Something is wrong with the browser on entering text so I cannot paginate properly this will have to do.Humans make mistake,s ESPECIALLY the authorities pressing for revenue. SORRY, Authorities have a divine right to punish and overlook their duties of care. Penny just dropped.AH! Hi there, we have met before.Meaning of descrim' is here...Proof was on the first link by * dead simple * comparative judgement.Disability Discrimination Act 2005

Failing to understand the booklet he was given...
Failing to understand the statute that governs their conduct... Overlook that?
I am not getting into being didactic, try and read first before contributing and remember this forum tries to help the frail by looking into both sides of the argument. This case also referred to parking in a traders bay........IT SHOWS ++++ special favour +++ towards two PCNs for overstays because they got on their knees and begged forgiveness, and special treatment for disabled who do not beg, and thus get kicked in the teeth. Trouble is they got kicked back, semantically of course at cost of £4k! It's called TORT, duty of care, reasonableness, and special care towards the frail infirm, or don't they exist. NOT go hard at the frail overlooking the stress and possibility they may die in the process. Just get the revenue at any price. see 3 Duties of public authorities 49A General duty (1) Every public authority shall in carrying out its functions have due regard to- (d) the need to take steps to take account of disabled persons' disabilities, even where that involves treating disabled persons more favourably than other persons;

Then see the councils code of conduct on truth, honesty, respect, and all that semantic stuff of what ** they say **, while nodding NO to everything humane ** they don't do **.I shall not return on this, you can have the relish of helping this gentleman, by telling HIM to read, and show colours by NOT telling the council to read their stautory duties. Don't forget that one day, for seven minutes you too will pay a high price. The the picture here from Wayne Pendle shows the form of what is being done, but HE like I, know your methods of helping..

http://www.logiclaw.co.uk/pages/index.html#aris

The original was all here......and --- the thread at CAG also .....http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/126075-insight-entire-procedure-misconduct.html?highlight=INSIGHT....index That I recall you could not understand. I am not returning for the deluge of 'argumentum ad hominems', they are too farcical here.GOODBYE.

Edited by Medusa

Something is wrong with the browser on entering text so I cannot paginate properly this will have to do.Humans make mistake,s ESPECIALLY the authorities pressing for revenue. SORRY, Authorities have a divine right to punish and overlook their duties of care. Penny just dropped.AH! Hi there, we have met before.Meaning of descrim' is here...Proof was on the first link by * dead simple * comparative judgement.Disability Discrimination Act 2005I am not getting into being didactic, try and read first before contributing and remember this forum tries to help the frail by looking into both sides of the argument. This case also referred to parking in a traders bay........IT SHOWS ++++ special favour +++ towards two PCNs for overstays because they got on their knees and begged forgiveness, and special treatment for disabled who do not beg, and thus get kicked in the teeth. Trouble is they got kicked back, semantically of course at cost of £4k! It's called TORT, duty of care, reasonableness, and special care towards the frail infirm, or don't they exist. NOT go hard at the frail overlooking the stress and possibility they may die in the process. Just get the revenue at any price. see 3 Duties of public authorities 49A General duty (1) Every public authority shall in carrying out its functions have due regard to- (d) the need to take steps to take account of disabled persons' disabilities, even where that involves treating disabled persons more favourably than other persons;

Then see the councils code of conduct on truth, honesty, respect, and all that semantic stuff of what ** they say **, while nodding NO to everything humane ** they don't do **.I shall not return on this, you can have the relish of helping this gentleman, by telling HIM to read, and show colours by NOT telling the council to read their stautory duties. Don't forget that one day, for seven minutes you too will pay a high price. The the picture here from Wayne Pendle shows the form of what is being done, but HE like I, know your methods of helping..

http://www.logiclaw.co.uk/pages/index.html#aris

The original was all here......and --- the thread at CAG also .....http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/126075-insight-entire-procedure-misconduct.html?highlight=INSIGHT....index That I recall you could not understand. I am not returning for the deluge of 'argumentum ad hominems', they are too farcical here.GOODBYE.

How about a polite letter to the chif executive of the la and the local gouvernment ombudsmen.

me thinks bulldozer to crack a wallnut here.

Why?? The law is quite clear you cannot use a blue badge in a loading bay (unless loading) the Council have acted fairly and within the law.

yes green I totally agree, however we all make mistakes the op inadvertantly missread the instructions of the booklet. we are not dealing with the crime of the century here are we. Whats wrong with the LA writing back and stating that on this occasion we will cancell the pcn,

BUT put the op on notice that should it happen again we will pursue the ticket.

The effect of this would be to educate the op as to the error of his ways, the LA have acted in a compassionate and discretionary manner.

Everone can move forward.

Instead we have an op frightened to open his door for fear of losing his tv and wondering weather to go out.

Cant we do better than this, like two strikes and your out.

Back for 5 mins, couldn't resist, but anyway what the heck I apologiuse for returning..

How about a polite letter to the chif executive of the la and the local gouvernment ombudsmen.
Learn about the LGO also here.The Green Forum :: View Forum - lgo discussion forum
The law is quite clear
Disability discrimination Act 2005. is a LAW ALSO or is it better to select which ones to uphold and which ones to forget, to get revenue? It means discriminate in FAVOUR not against.Tort, Harassment, and all the rest, but I know it's a waste of time for some.
Also The law is quite clear
Another one, Ask councils under FOI, and watch them duck, about the novation agreement between them and NCP Services Ltd, not NCP ltd, .that shows no signatures - contractual- for most councils through the UK, meaning NO actual contract to enforce during the period March 2007, to around Feb 2008.
Wonder what you think of that law. Or is that too sensitive?
Only thinking aloud, if allowed. Let you sort it out. For what is coming on that LAW, which all councils, and their helpers don't wish to divulge, keep an eye on press releases at.. All free. If you got your ticket duringthat period, then there is a simple appeal avaliable coming also.http://www.logiclaw.co.uk/pages/index.html Then look at Audit commission Act section 17 for info on keeping unlawful revenue. All fasciniating laws, but only for those who prefer to select some and DISCARD others. Amused ??Bye again. Edited by Medusa

Back for 5 mins, couldn't resist, but anyway what the heck I apologiuse for returning..Learn about the LGO also here.The Green Forum :: View Forum - lgo discussion forum Disability discrimination Act 2005. is a law also or is it better to select which ones to uphold and which ones to forget, to get revenue?. It means discriminate in FAVOUR not against.Tort, Harassment, and all the rest, but I know it's a waste of time for some.Another one, Ask councils under FOI, and watch them duck, about the novation agreement between them and NCP Services Ltd, not NCP ltd, .that shows no signatures - contractual- for most councils through the UK, meaning NO actual contract to enforce during the period March 2007, to around Feb 2008.Only thinking aloud, if allowed. Let you sort it out. For what is coming on that LAW, which all councils, and their helpers don't wish to divulge, keep an eye on press releases at.. All free.If you got your ticket on that period, then there is a simple appeal avaliable coming also.http://www.logiclaw.co.uk/pages/index.htmlBye again.

broken link can you re-direct cheers.

hey mods you know that link i put to youtube moking camden, well it says here that the chief quit because of it lol

Public Service Ombudsman watcher's blog reader

(EDIT) But is is not yet released openly, only a small team are aware, and Camden are worried about it. Seems THEY TOO are not aware of the LAW on FOI, and Audit Act 17, fascinating isn't it. All these GREAT laws to CHOOSE FROM, and IGNORE. Keep eyes peeled, YES Rudy Bright, their bright man is apparently being rewared with a nice retirement parting gift, Usually these people go to the Lords don't they?

yes green I totally agree, however we all make mistakes the op inadvertantly missread the instructions of the booklet. we are not dealing with the crime of the century here are we. Whats wrong with the LA writing back and stating that on this occasion we will cancell the pcn,

BUT put the op on notice that should it happen again we will pursue the ticket.

Ignorance has never been a defence in law. Why should the OP be different to anyone who didn't understand the highway code or any other rules of the road? How does the Council know the OP has not done the same thing before in a different town? If you are suggesting the OP get 'special' treatment for being disabled then thats unfair towards able bodied drivers.

Hi medusa so you think that LGO'S are toothles and worthles.??
NO. I KNOW they are.
Ignorance has never been a defence in law.
AH yes I know that one.TAKE advantage of those who are ignorant of the law, When lawyers come to hospital, why not use the same argument, and charge THEM for taking out an appendix they don't need taking out?Other professions can play that game, but wouldn't STOOP to it, it's called equality of arms in a court. And elsewhere noblesse oblige, to show respect for ALL people no matter their race colour creed or intelligence.Nice to abuse the ignorant of one profession ---- for revenue??

Watch how a judge CHOOSES a critical path in CPR 1.1 where he MUST FURTHER the overrriding objective of fairness, and OVERRIDES IT... Clever little 'suppressio veri', and suggestio falsi-e's aren't they?

Edited by Medusa

Ignorance has never been a defence in law. Why should the OP be different to anyone who didn't understand the highway code or any other rules of the road? How does the Council know the OP has not done the same thing before in a different town? If you are suggesting the OP get 'special' treatment for being disabled then thats unfair towards able bodied drivers.

Green I think we have been here before, the one where the op's disabled wife parked with one wheel over a line we argued, however the ticket was cancelled.

Im not arguing for speacial treatment, however disabled citizens have speacial needs. This is not patronising, its a fact. Whats the point in terrorising a disabled person who made a simple mistake to the point of not opening their front door. It seems the cost to the LA is a couple of stamps and some template letters.

In reality we have a disabled person on benefits who parked in a loading bay for 7 mins. so what. what harm was done. whats wrong with a warning.

Im a bit of a laymen here but I agree with medusa, I think this is taking advantage it appears to be revenue driven inasmuch as they dont care.

whats happening here.

Im not arguing for speacial treatment, however disabled citizens have speacial needs. This is not patronising, its a fact. Whats the point in terrorising a disabled person who made a simple mistake to the point of not opening their front door. It seems the cost to the LA is a couple of stamps and some template letters.

In reality we have a disabled person on benefits who parked in a loading bay for 7 mins. so what. what harm was done. whats wrong with a warning.

Im a bit of a laymen here but I agree with medusa, I think this is taking advantage it appears to be revenue driven inasmuch as they dont care.

whats happening here.

Yes they have special needs, which is why they are given the consession of parking on yellow lines and in the majority of bays free.

However not all disabled drivers are paupers on benefits some are very well off indeed. The OP has already appealled against the fine which was not cancelled so no amount of template letters will now cancel the PCN which has now passed to a DCA. It was you that mentioned the ombudsman who can only act if the Council has acted wrongly which is not the case here and will do nothing to stop the debt being collected.

What the OP needs is practical advice on clearing the debt not an essay on how unfair the system.

My advice would be to contact the CAB or similar and get them to put to payment plan together. You will need to work out your monthly budget and then put an offer of an amount each month. If you just ignore the DCA they will just add more fees and the debt will escalate.

Yes they have special needs, which is why they are given the consession of parking on yellow lines and in the majority of bays free.

However not all disabled drivers are paupers on benefits some are very well off indeed. The OP has already appealled against the fine which was not cancelled so no amount of template letters will now cancel the PCN which has now passed to a DCA. It was you that mentioned the ombudsman who can only act if the Council has acted wrongly which is not the case here and will do nothing to stop the debt being collected.

What the OP needs is practical advice on clearing the debt not an essay on how unfair the system.

My advice would be to contact the CAB or similar and get them to put to payment plan together. You will need to work out your monthly budget and then put an offer of an amount each month. If you just ignore the DCA they will just add more fees and the debt will escalate.

The problem is this is just not a realistic option.

Unfortunately I am one of those disabled people who are paupers.

I sent the council a copy of my budget, I have £3.29 to spare from my weekly income...which is to say that £3.29 isn't immeadiately assigned to one payment or another, and this was last year, when the offense happened, before the Petrol Prices increase and the Gas and Electric Prices increases and the food increases etc etc.

The other problem is that the £3.29 is for me to save so that I can afford new shoes, a new coat in winter, towels, bedsheets...any major purchase which my normal benefit cannot cover....These items are usually covered by Social Fund loans and Budget Loans, but I am not entitled to either, so I have to save for them from what I get.

I have been disabled for 10 years since a road traffic accident in 1998, I no longer have any savings from work. The items I bought while I worked are now falling apart.

I did not pick the title of this thread as rhetoric, I simply cannot afford to pay the ticket.

The problem is this is just not a realistic option.

Unfortunately I am one of those disabled people who are paupers.

I sent the council a copy of my budget, I have £3.29 to spare from my weekly income...which is to say that £3.29 isn't immeadiately assigned to one payment or another, and this was last year, when the offense happened, before the Petrol Prices increase and the Gas and Electric Prices increases and the food increases etc etc.

The other problem is that the £3.29 is for me to save so that I can afford new shoes, a new coat in winter, towels, bedsheets...any major purchase which my normal benefit cannot cover....These items are usually covered by Social Fund loans and Budget Loans, but I am not entitled to either, so I have to save for them from what I get.

I have been disabled for 10 years since a road traffic accident in 1998, I no longer have any savings from work. The items I bought while I worked are now falling apart.

I did not pick the title of this thread as rhetoric, I simply cannot afford to pay the ticket.

As this has gone beyond the parking ticket stage I would suggest you ask for advice in the DCA or baliff section as they will have more experience on the subject.

I hope you get it sorted!

Also to put things into perspective. The £3.29 is not 'saved'.

That is not how it works, what actually happens in this.

I need new shoes, my old ones have literally fallen off my feet. I do not have any savings, so I spend the money I get on new shoes and fall behind with my Rent, Electric and Gas etc.

I then use the £3.29 to catch up.

I currently owe about £90 in Gas, £180 in Electric and £130 in Rent.

That £3.29 is currently being entirely used in extra payments to those companies to bring me back to a 0 balance.

There you have it, you smoke and you can afford to do that!!!! Sorry but to smoke it MUST cost you something, this is about priorities, i see it all day every day, people claiming poverty but will they give up their fags or baccie???????? Not on my nellie, sorry but no sympathy from here im afraid!!!!!

Could be worse he could have had a pet that smoked!!

24e2hj8.jpg

As this has gone beyond the parking ticket stage I would suggest you ask for advice in the DCA or baliff section as they will have more experience on the subject.

I hope you get it sorted!

nice one green.icon7.gif

BTW where have i seen that smoker before lol

There you have it, you smoke and you can afford to do that!!!! Sorry but to smoke it MUST cost you something, this is about priorities, i see it all day every day, people claiming poverty but will they give up their fags or baccie???????? Not on my nellie, sorry but no sympathy from here im afraid!!!!!

So despite the fact that I told you it costs me nothing, because it doesn't suit your world view it must cost me something?

My tabacco is provided to me by family who live abroad and return home periodically. It is a gift from them to me. If they did not do so, I would have to give up smoking.

Perhaps you simply meant I would need to buy a cannister of Gas and a lighter atleast once a year?

Well ok, what debts can I pay with £2 annually.