Cahoot Default Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received the above from Cahoot and wondered if it had all the relevant details it should have?

Could someone please look and let me know. Letter below.

This is a default notice served under section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Dated: 12th May 2008

Credit Card Number: ----------------

Arrears Amount: £---.--

Re: Your Credit Card Agreement With Cahoot.

PROVISION OF AGREEMENT BREACHED: The clause which requires you to make payments at the time stated in the agreement.

NATURE OF BREACH: Failure to pay the overdue amount.

ACTION REQUIRED TO REMEDY: Payment of the overdue amount of £---.--to us within 14 days of service of this notice.

IF THE ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE IS TAKEN BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN NO FURTHER ENFORCEMENT ACTION WILL BE TAKEN IN RESPECT OF THE BREACH.

IF YOU DO NOT TAKE THE ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN THEN THE FURTHER ACTION SET BELOW MAY BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU.

If the payment required is not received by us before the date shown we shall become entitled to demand payment of the whole outstanding balance on your account. We may take legal proceedings against you or (I suppose they mean 'for') the recovery of this balance which currently stands at £----.-- or we may refer your account to debt recovery agents. If payment of this balance results in us obtaining payment before sum would have become due under the Arrangement, we shall allow any appropriate rebate of charge.

IF YOU ARE NOT SURE WHAT TO DO, YOU SHOULD GET HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. FOR EXAMPLE YOU SHOULD CONTACT A SOLICITOR, YOUR LOCAL TRADING STANDARDS DEPARTMENT OR YOUR NEAREST CITIZENS' ADVICE BUREAU. IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY IN PAYING ANY SUM OWING UNDER THE AGREEMENT OR TAKING ANY OTHER ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE, YOU CAN APPLY TO THE COURT WHICH MAY MAKE AN ORDER ALLOWING YOU OR ANY SURETY MORE TIME.

In your own interests you are strongly advised to contact the company by telephone on 0845 607 0004 quoting the above reference number if you cannot pay the arrears in full.

Didn't phone them or contact them in any way.

The arrears are owing because they accepted reduced payments on the account. I've made the payments on time since then.

Could any of you wonderful people advise me on this? :-)

canbrilla

Edited by canbrilla
Extra information.

There's a letter which came with the notice which says that they are serving me with the default because I've previously advised that I'm unable to clear the balance outstanding in full and have enlisted the assistance of a debt management company, (CCCS), to assist me with my financial affairs.

I've to continue with my existing arrangements if I'm not in a position to clear the debt.

They then go on to say that they're reviewing their procedures in relation to customers who have enlisted the assistance of debt management companies and will be in contact shortly in this respect.

That was on 12 May and have heard nothing yet, but no doubt will in due course.

I'm not in contact with CCCS now, I'm doing things my own way with the help of the very excellent people on this site.

canbrilla

Edited by canbrilla
Help requested.