Not All Landlords Or Landladies Are Bad

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm widowed and have let out my home as I cannot bear to part with it, but couldn't live there too many memories and couldn't move on. Now I am stronger and I want to go back. I have been reading the posts on here and wanted to just say, that the tennacy agreement I have in place at the moment is coming to an end and I am not renewing it with the present tennants and I have given them 3 months notice instead of the statutory 2 months. I feel strong enough to go back to my wonderful home.

I have been an exemplary landlady and have always replied and dealt with any concerns my present tennants have had.

They are now not paying the rent on time, I need my rent and as the agreement comes to an end this August this has made my mind up to go back. I have issued the Notice of Possession to them and although we have been in email contact since they have not made any mention of this only to give me excuses why the rent is not getting to me on time.

I wanted to set the records straight that not all landlords or ladies are baddies. I am a caring and compassionate person, my tennant has been ill, and I have done things to help them during this time. And my reward is not getting my rent in on time and being ignored.

Just to second QoS post - I think/hope that most people know this. Certainly those of us who have worked/do work in the industry know this. I think the issue is that, inherently, tenants dont research issues until they HAVE an issue, therefore their view is already tainted, as they already have a bad landlord - therefore the views on forums directly relating to tenant/landlord issues are severly skewed.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

I had a landlord a few years ago who was the nicest person you could meet - I was away from home and they invited me to Christmas dinner with their family!

I guess the thing with this forum is people are always going to post problems on here, but there will be many posts that dont get made because people dont post the good stories. Its the same as the stupid customer service measures we have at work, customers are more likely to phone/log on to comment if they have a negative one to leave than a postive one.

So its no doubt that there are some very nice landlords out there.

I'd just like to add to this thread and say that my landlady is great. Originally she was living here and my partner was a lodger and they worked together so they were friends. Everytime there is a problem with the flat she deals with it, such as rewiring and replacing the shower. She also has us over for drinks at her place and we love her new son, he's so cuete. However we have never had trouble paying our rent so it works both ways. But yeah I had some monsters in the past when I was renting at university so I seem to have fallen on my feet here.