Allied International Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After reading all the other posts on this company I only wished I googled them before!

I had a stressful encounter with AIC two months ago where they demanded I pay them £1700 for a bank overdraft from an old RBS account - after arguing with the lady on the phone for over an hour - she relented from only accepting the full amount, to a first installment of £200, and £40 monthly installments there after.

So i was suprised to have an "urgent" voicemail on my mobile yesterday asking to call them back re my account - since ive been paying them the monthly amount. I called them back and left a message - and not heard back since.

Just wondering where I stand, is it worth me sending in the CCA letter ive seen on other threads even though i've started paying them money back? Do i stop paying them back til i recieve the CCA? If they havent yet proven that they have a right to collect the debt, then it is not too late to submit a CCA request

And should i now insisit (if and when) they do call me back that I want all future correspondance in writing. This is always a good idea, it takes a lot of their weapons away from them, as they are loathe to put the meaningless threats they make against you in writing

Also they are taking the money off my debit card every month - so how on earth do i stop them debiting my card every month? Im worried i can stop paying them even if its in dispute! You would need to contact your bank to replace your card on the basis that you suspect illegal transactions may be made against it

Help!

Jayne

Submit the CCA, send it recorded and don't sign anything. they then have 12 working days (pus two for service/postage) at this point, if they havent provided you with anything resembling a CCA, you can legally withold payments. if the default exists for a further 30 calendar days, then they will have committed an offence.

retain copies of all communications and proofs of posting/delivery (proof of delivery can be obtained from Royal Mail website

the first step is, send off the CCA, then post any replies/responses on here and we'll see what happens then.

If you feel that this has been helpful, please feel free to tip the scales

• Haha 1