Change of Title without notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HELP

I have been employed as a Pre-Press Manager for the past 6 years, until this week when I found out my line manager who was a Director, now has my title and my status has changed to Pre-Press Operative. My Contract of employment states I am Pre-Press Manager, and held this position for over six years

The company employed a new Director who started just over a week ago, and apparently the changes have been made by him.

I havent had any formal notification regarding the changes,never had any warnings or disiiplinarys, a clean record since working there.

What are my rights as I see this as a demotion and could have an impact on employment prospects elsewhere.

Answers urgently please

Edited by Nickm007

Hi - they cannot do this without speaking to you first. You need to get in touch with ACAS who will advise you of the correct procedure (do you have a handbook in relation to your employment?). Grievance would be my first action, as by rights, you have to have a minimum 28 days notification of contractural change, though I don't know if this covers job title. Has it made any difference to your salary? if you do not let them know you are unhappy with the change, over a certain time period, you are deemed to accept the changes anyway.

We are the only ones who make life difficult......

How did you find out, have you seen anything in writing? Always beware of windups!

If you get written confirmation you should firstly object in writing so there is a written record of your objection. So long as your salary and terms and conditions don't change it doesn't make too much difference what they call you although I appreciate you don't want a drop in status.

If you are still unhappy you should raise a formal grievance.

Regards,

Paul.

I found our by means of been issued with a new business card, and My line manager having my lost his director title to mine. It means my job does change as my direct contact with coustomers will change, and the factory floor reporting will no longer report to me.