Link Financial - Response to request for CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

they will proably go quiet for a while...do some looking round the site and as berrylover says...sit back and relax..

if/when you hear from them, post the letter here to get advice before you reply.

keep everything together in a file, reciepts for letters sent,i also print the signatures off the royal mail website when they sign for them.

keep envelopes they send stuff in, link have told me that abbey sent me letters when it actually came from their office :eek:

all evidence should a future claim arise,

i have been dealing with these now since march last year (they havent had a penny from me by the way) so please do keep hold of everything

dont worry you are in the right place here :)

• Haha 1

Hi all,

I sent a letter to LINK with pretty much the text provided by 42nd Man above. Today I recived the following reply.

Dear ****

I refer to your notice under the Data Protection Act 1998. Your HSBOS plc Credit Card accound was assigned to Link Financial in June 2005. The resonsibility to manage the information place with the Credit Reference Agencies by HSBOS plc was also passed at the time of purchase. However please be aware as this account defaulted more than 6 years ago it is no longer being reported to the Credit Reference Agencies. Therefore we do not believe we are in breach of our responsibilities inder the Act with regards to your details.

If it was defaulted over six years ago, when did you last acknowledge the debt in writing or make a payment? The above sounds like bum-talk to me - if they want to chase the debt they still have to provide the relevant paperwork on request. They are now the creditor, so they should either provide the CCA or get it from the OC for you.

More than six years ago- Link do have a lot of statute barred debts (including my husband's). Worth looking at!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks for the advice folks. I did look at the 6 years bit and wondered too. I will look into what I have sent them previously and check if it is barred. As you say though, they still have to provide me with the relevant paperwork.