Help? Halifax have responded...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

I sent a DPA disclosure request letter to the Halifax and have received this response:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam

Completion of Request for a List of Transactions and Charges

I acknowledge your letter requesting specific information on your account with us and confirm that copies of duplicate statements have been ordered and will be sent under separate cover.

With regard to your request for information relating to manual intervention on your account, HBOS plc is under no obligation to record this information and therefore, I am unable to assist further with your request.

Should you have any general account queries, please contact 24 hour banking on 08457 20 30 40....blah, blah, blah...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do they mean they are 'under no obligation to record' manual intervention? What happens next?

Best wishes

Milly

• Confused 1

It just means that under the DPA they dont have to keep records of any maunual interventions - the fact that they dont have any records of manual interventions on your account is a great thing for you since the bank wont be able to justify their charges by saying they had to manually deal with each default (and in reality we all know they didn't, their computer did).

This issue has been raised many times but I won't say search the forum - there are now so many posts per minute that posts get lost so quickly and if you do a search you get about a billion results :)

ignore it. just await those statements.

hope the postie isnt a smoker, could be a lot of envelopes that day and he will be puffed out.

Halifax WON X 2, Northern Rock WON, Capital One WON, Marbles WON, HSBC WON

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

What do they mean they are 'under no obligation to record' manual intervention? What happens next?

Best wishes

Milly

All is well and asking about manual intervention is part of the process. This just confirms automation and that they are just profiteering from any charges as it costs little to stop a payment. Now you just wait for your copies of statements.

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All

I still have not received my statements from HBOS. I rang to ask where they were and was fobbed off with "it has been put on hold as we need to search the archives, but they should be with you in 7 days".

I sent the DPA letter requesting the statements on 8th June 2006 and they have already cashed my £10 cheque. What can I do to get these statements?

Best Wishes

Milly