Creditors Request Info - what should I give them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been making pro-rata payments and some of the creditors are asking for mortgage statements, payslips and other proof of income. Similarly, they are challenging the amounts worked out for essential expenditure even though these were worked out with the CCCS.

What should I disclose and what should I not disclose? Am I legally obliged to disclose anything? Presumably, at the court stage I would anyway.

Many thanks.

Guest forgottenone

Not too sure about this but I had a similar situation with a creditor recently asking for bank statements. I found quite a lot of stuff on CAG which I used in my correspondence. But, like I said, I'm no expert so someone will be along I imagine pretty soon with more detailed info for you.

Mine were worked out with CCCS and also have the BBA/MAT logo on the bottom. Produed in accordance with guidelines.

Guest forgottenone

When they say 'essential expenditure' do they explain what they mean. Or, as I suspect, its what 'they' think isn't 'essential'. As you will know, CCCS prepare these statements for creditors going through priority debts first and so on in accordance with those guidelines I mention.

Anyway, someone will be along soon I expect. Wish you luck, cos I am being driven to despair by some of my creditors and I am only at the first hurdle thus far.

You are NOT obliged to disclose anything to them, i strongly suggest you don't do this,especially wage slips they will be phoning your employers and all sorts.

After a short while you will understand how far these "people" will go to make your life a misery.

Don't give them any ammo.

BTW even at the court stage you don't, only if you lose, and need a time order.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Guest forgottenone

Another useful tip I meant to mention before is, if anyone is on benefits, do not let them see or get hold of your NI number. They've no right to it, shouldn't ask *but we know some will do so anyway* and it's of no relevance to anything except for the obvious. Don't need to say why. Just thought to mention it.