Whats the point of FENSA

Cellbar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone had dealings with glazing/window/conservatory companies who are registered with FENSA, only to find out that they cover nothing? I am passing this on to the OFT but apparently the company I dealt with, Choices Windows of Tipton, are notorious for fitting windows that do not meet the fire regs, and nothing can be done about it, becuase they don't register the window fitting with FENSA anyway, becuase it is illegal, they only register the windows that ARE legal. I mean, how stupid, whats the point of FENSA?

We are the only ones who make life difficult......

For what its worth I completely agree with you. The slef certification process for building regs, the NHBC and FENSA is all a complete load of twaddle.

A relative of mine bought a £500k house which had been 'self certificated' throughout by NHBC and was built 6 inches below the damp proof course. As it went up it just got worse and there was virtually no comeback on anyone.

Apparently (I don't remember the specifics) but a house falls outside of the usual 'fit for purpose' legislation and sueing a builder can be very difficult.

RantOver :rolleyes:

So surely even if a builder or whatever is 'registered' with these so-called 'bodies', they could even be more of a cowboy? they just use the ditsy little logo to hide behind! I can't believe its allowed to go, it allows them to make illegal acceptable.. as ever, it ain't rocket science, they have to be answerable to someone surely?

We are the only ones who make life difficult......