Driving In Bus Lane - Richmond Council Charge certificate?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just had a charge certificate in the post today for an alleged offense of driving in a bus lane back in Feb. I have not had ANY other notices from them.

I remember this happening, and it was due to a truck pulling out and I had no choice but to go into the bus lane other than have an accident.

The charge certificate says I have no right to appeal. How is this fair? If I guess what has happened that the other one has got lost in the post, and now they want me to pay £180!!!

Any advice?

Not strictly true.

BTW who has issued the charge certificate?

If you haven't received the paperwork then you will need to fill out a statuatory out of time declaration and get it sworn.

If you do it at your local court it will cost nothing.

If OOT declaration is accepted then the charge certificate is put on hold and things return back to the NTO stage at which stage you will have a chance to appeal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its Richmond Council

What is a statutory out of time declaration?

Its a written legal statement allowing you to swear that you did not receive the paperwork.

Have a look at this link which explains it a bit more.

Traffic Enforcement Centre

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------