Speed Camera

Guest Old_andrew2018
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

An interesting point was made by one of our vehicle drivers with regard to calibration of speed cameras.

The suggestion made is anyone one who recieves a fine should write to the relavent authority with a request to be furnished with the calibration records for that particular camera.

Has anyone heard of this, what is chance of a case being dropped as the camera was not recalibrated, and therefore not accurate.

Regards

Andy

Hi,

this has been around for quite a while now

Whilst lack of calibration would bring the reading into question, most police forces are wise to this issue and it would be rare for them to get it wrong

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Guest Old_andrew2018
The Cameras must have a current calibration certificate. I would consider the greater concern would be that 'your' drivers are speeding not trying to get them off the charges??

I disagree the concern should be that the cameras should be calibrated more frequently, therefore reducing the chances of a person to escape a fine and penalty points.

I am sure there is enough surpluses to be able to spend a small sum on this.

Regards

Andy

Cameras are required to be calibrated annually; the calibration certificate will reflect this. If the certificate is out of date, then the evidence from the camera cannot be used to prosecute as the camera would be operating outside its type approval.

Some Police Forces publish the certificates on their website; some will forward them on request. However there is absolutely no entitlement to see a copy until after a not guilty plea at Court.

So for your drivers to follow through on their own advice, they would need to not accept the COFP and go to court. Of course, if they are wrong and lose there, they would be additionally liable for CPS costs and the £15 victim surcharge.

The Cameras must have a current calibration certificate. I would consider the greater concern would be that 'your' drivers are speeding not trying to get them off the charges??

And that coming from the man who used to go to court every time you were reported when you were a courier in the hope the officers wouldn't show up.:rolleyes: Hypocritical? Surely not:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest Old_andrew2018
And that coming from the man who used to go to court every time you were reported when you were a courier in the hope the officers wouldn't show up.:rolleyes: Hypocritical? Surely not:rolleyes::rolleyes: Well I never knew that, you learn something new every day

Regards

Andy

And that coming from the man who used to go to court every time you were reported when you were a courier in the hope the officers wouldn't show up.:rolleyes: Hypocritical? Surely not:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was never actually caught speeding hence the reason I have no points on my licence, I was accused of speeding but that is not quite the same is it!?

I was never actually caught speeding hence the reason I have no points on my licence, I was accused of speeding but that is not quite the same is it!?

The OP's drivers have also been accused of speeding, so it is the same. They are perefectly entitled to enquire as to whether or not the measuring equipment is accurate.

The fact is you stated quite clearly that you would always challenge when you were reported by police and it went to court because of the possibility of the officer not attending. So to see you criticising people for doing something no different to what you did is clearly absurd.