For those who insist low-carb diets are useless...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm on the seafood diet - see food and eat it :p

(hiding under the table after typing that old 'joke')

Lol and so you should! :lol:

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Another thing about the Atkins (note I'm talking aboput Atkins, not all low carb diets) is that he designed it for people who have to eat out a lot for work, meetings etc. It was designed so that they could still eat out frequently and eat the rich foods that you tend to find in restaurants without putting loads of excess weight on. He didn't design it for everyday, every meal eating.
Actually, that's not quite true... The original Atkins is very much tailored for fresh cooking, at home etc... Unfortunately, in good American fashion, a business opportunity was seen and the excessive marketing of Atkins as a brand was born. :-( And it has become out of control since Dr Atkins' death, with the shareholders more interested in selling the brand at vast profit than keeping up with the original idea.

In the end, Atkins and other LC ways of eating are not rocket science: cut out the refined stuff (sugar and starchy stuff especially, but also low-fat rubbish, which contains bulking agents such as dextrose and usually contains more sugars than their full-fat counterpart), eat plenty of protein, green veg, berries and fat, drink lots of water, eat as much as you need and as often as you need and stop when you are full, exercise sensibly. Can't really get much simpler than that. ;-)

I am bewildered where Mungypup got that erroneous idea about Atkins. I have here a copy of his 1972 book, the first book he wrote on the subject.

And it is a diet for everyday eating. No diet can work if you only do it when eating out.

I wish I could tell you where I got that info from! I think I saw it on a documentary on TV when Atkins became popular. Oh well, they do say don't believe everything you see...

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz: