Kensington finally got what they wanted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Friday at 11am my husband told me that we were due to be evicted at 1pm. You can imagine how distraught I felt as I have three children. The judge (who was a right evil b'stard) had told him at 9am that he had util 1 to produce £8500. At this point (knowing that this was impossible) he confessed all. I went back to the court but he did not show one ounce of sympathy and told us that we had to get out. He mocked the fact that I wasn't aware of the situation and told me that there was such a thing as the post!!! (my husband hides everything and I work long hours so never ever see any post, apart from selective items). He didn't even give me one extra hour and I hope that he suffers every misfortune possible for his lack of humanity.

Last year, Kensington got a suspended order but after this, we changed the mortgage from an interest to a repayment mortgage and the arrears and thousands of pounds worth of charges were lumped in with the new amount. We even paid an admin fee of £90.00. Apparently, when he got behind with the mortgage again due to them increasing the repayments to £1300.00 per month, they went straight for repossession. When my husband challenged this they said that the original order still stood. I feel that they have acted unlawfully and whilst I do not want the house back, I want to investigate whether they have acted unlawfully and definately want all of the charges back. I should have some equity but at the end of the day kensington will probably sell it at a much lower price than value, and as I had secured loans with Blemain (also with 000`s of charges) I might end up with nothing or next to nothing. I can't believe that my husband has put us in a position where the family are all separated in different house until we sort out some accomodation as he did have notice but just couldn't tell me. At the moment I just want to get a house with my children but would really appreciate advice regarding kensington.

What is done is done and you and your children and your husband are the most important and I know more than most how you both feel you can get your charges back and in due course may be other things we sold our house and three years latter are getting money back and re building our lives

so one find a house for you all I know you feel that your husband has behaved badley but he must feel dreadful too then come back and we will helpyou re claim money it will take time so sort yourselves out first

come on here whenever you need support hows the house hunting going

Thanks for the support Bona

I am very angry with my husband but we were paying £1700-£1800 in the end for the mortgage and secured loan due to the dodgy rates and charges so I do agree that we should have called it a day as the house just wasn't worth it. It all started about 4 years ago when we were given advice by a financial adviser to go with kensington (no adverse credit at this point) followed by employment instability which started the dreaded spiral of secured loans and so on. We never recovered and despite both having good jobs now, we had no quality of life the last few years. I am sure that my husband and I will work through this but at the moment I am being told to dump him and being made to feel like a mat for still being with him. He just can't share anything bad with me which is really sad and bottles it all up. I know that in future everything has to go in my name. I am sure that one day I will be able to get back on the property ladder and rebuild what has been lost.

I am viewing some properties tomorrow so hopefully we can start to get back to normality but with more disposable income.

Hi Challenging and my heart goes out to you all. Your husband must have been desperate to not worry or upset you to have hept it all to himself and I would imagine he's feeling the lowest of the low right now.

There are options open to you regarding your housing, the local authority, housing associations etc... and Shelter can help and advise you further on what steps you can take. I know that having your family separated does give you a higher priority with the local authority, for example.

Once you and your family are settled, like Bona said, come back and we can all help you work through your financial situation and get something back from what has happened.

All the very very best of luck for the future and I hope everything works out well for you.

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

Good luck, try to stay positive and look on the plus side, at least you've got Kensington off your back and you don't have to worry anymore.

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

Just try to keep together for everyones sake you have all hit rock botom the only way up is for you and every one will give you an opinion but its you your husband your children and all your future that you have to think about

take care