Hunt -V- Natwest (infancy)

texaspete100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As below, i am now at the stage where I am about to go onto money claim to issue.

Natwest have offered to no explanation as to how they calculate their charges and feel they have more than reasonable.

I am now going to issue as they have bluntly refused to accept my claim.

As soon as I have the £120 issue fee, proceedings will commence.

This site is the best thing I have seen on the internet!!

NatWest - £3161.04

Initial letter sent 21/6/06

Reply 26/06/06

LBA sent 28/06/2006

Reply 30/06/2006

Issued 2nd August

Judgement entered 21st August

Warrant will be applied for 23rd August

Does anyone have a particulars of claim I can use on www.moneyclaim?

the "Hard Copy" on the documents section is too long for me to proceed on the internet.

Thanks.

NatWest - £3161.04

Reply 26/06/06

LBA sent 28/06/2006

Reply 30/06/2006

Issued 2nd August

• 3 weeks later...

maybe this would do (there are others):

I have a contract with [bANK] dated [DATE], which is conducted on their standard terms and conditions. I am claiming a refund of money taken by [DATE] in the form of penalty charges over the last 6 years, plus the interest they have levied on those charges. The Bank's charges are a disproportionate penalty, and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Further, as a

disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para.8 and sch.2 (1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty then they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. I have repeatedly asked the bank to justify their charges, but they have neglected to do so.The claimant claims interest under section 69 of

the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from March 2000 to [CLAIM DATE] of £[AMOUNT] and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.022%.

• Confused 1

Won....:D:D:D...£3778.50

:p thanks!

NatWest - £3161.04

Reply 26/06/06

LBA sent 28/06/2006

Reply 30/06/2006

Issued 2nd August

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I would be very grateful for your help here. Sorry for not keeping you update on my claim but I have had big big problems with my Talk Talk broadband (thats a whole story on it own).

Any way back to the point. I issued against Natwest and they failed to respond within the allotted 14 days. I have now requested judgement and will be applying for my Warrant of Execution tomorrow.

I am not sure which address to give the baliffs. Do I send them to my normal branch or shall I send them to head office (Bishops Gate London)?

I imagine that if they went into my local branch, no-one there will have the authority to deal with them and I will have wasted £55. I'll then have to get a 2nd warrant and fork out another £22 to send the baliffs elswhere.

Does anyone have any experience of being in this situation with Natwest? your advice would be grately appreciated.

Thanks!:)

NatWest - £3161.04

Reply 26/06/06

LBA sent 28/06/2006

Reply 30/06/2006

Issued 2nd August

I just called NatWest - Customer Relations and pretended to be a Solicitor acting on behlaf of a client who has now obtained a default judgement against them for unfair bank charges. I asked them what address I need to put on the warrant of execution (where the baliffs need to go) they told me that they need to go to the branch where the account is held.

that is where I will send them!:D

NatWest - £3161.04

Reply 26/06/06

LBA sent 28/06/2006

Reply 30/06/2006

Issued 2nd August

I have just been to the courts and paid my £55 for a warrant of execution.

The Enforcement Officer at the court said I should hear from the Baliffs by the middle of next week.

I decided, after speaking to the manager of the bank where my account is held and that I would send the baliffs into my local branch.

I will update the forum once I hear from the baliffs.

Could anyone offer me advice on whether I should be doing anything else? Should I inform the press when I get a date that the baliffs are going to serve the warrant and collect my money???

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

NatWest - £3161.04

Reply 26/06/06

LBA sent 28/06/2006

Reply 30/06/2006

Issued 2nd August

Guest NATTIE

That may be a great idea because I read of a case in which someone did look to send the bailiffs in and they paid out pretty quick, claiming they were unaware of the case against them