• Tweets

• Thank you. Such a good point. They did issue all 3 before I paid though. I only paid one because I didn’t have proof of parking that time, only for two others.    Unfortunately no proof of my appeal as it was just submitted through a form on their website and no copy was sent to me. I only have the reply. I believe I just put something like “we made the honest mistake of using the incorrect parking area on the app” and that’s it. Thanks again for your help. 
    • They are absolute chuckleheads. You paid but because you entered a different car park site also belonging to them they are pursuing you despite them knowing what you had done. It would be very obvious to everyone, including Alliance that your car could not have been in two places at the same time. Thank you for posting the PCN so quickly making it a pity that you appealed since there are so many things wrong with it that you as keeper are not liable to pay the charge. They rarely accept appeals since that would mean they lose money but they have virtually no chance of beating you in Court. Very unlikely that they will take you to Court given the circumstances. Just in case you didn't out yourself as the driver could you please post up your appeal.
    • Jasowter I hope that common sense prevails with Iceland and the whole matter can be successfully ended. I would perhaps not have used a spell checker just to prove the dyslexia 🙂 though it may have made it more difficult to read. I noticed that you haven't uploaded the original PCN .Might not be necessary if the nes from Iceland is good. Otherwise perhaps you could get your son to do it by following the upload instructions so that we can appeal again with the extra ammunition provided by the PCN. Most of them rarely manage to get the wording right which means that you as the keeper are not liable to pay the charge-only the driver is and they do not know the name and address of the driver. So that would put you both in the clear if the PCN is non compliant.
    • Thank you so much. Yes, I wish I had done my research and not paid. It's all for the same car park. Here is one of the original PCNs, they are all the same bar different dates. PCN-22.03.24-1.pdf PCN-22.03.24-2.pdf
    • Hi Clou, Welcome to the Forum and thank you for reading first before you posted. There seems to be many problems with Cornwall and getting a signal to use your a phone which could be why these parking companies don't use alternatives. It is a shame you paid the first one as you would probably have not had to pay that one either.  Was the car park at which you paid the same parking company as the one sending you these PCNs? On the subject of PCNs could you please post them up so we can see if they comply with the Act.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Halifax Bank Charges draft letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all helpers,

Below is a copy of the letter that I'm going to send as Recorded Mail.

Could you nice helpers have a look at it for errors?

Also can I apply for bank charges longer then 6 Years ago? (only reason I ask is because some one that I know in passing said that she had been able to claim back since 1997) If yes how?

Halifax Bank

Trinity Road

Halifax

West Yorkshire

HX1 2RG

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re. Account number: 0XXXXXXX

I am writing to request that you repay all the default charges that have been applied to my account during the past six years from the date of this letter. I do not believe these charges reflect the true cost to Halifax Bank of going into unauthorised overdraft.

The charges total £2259.00, plus as I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of the money I have calculated £341.33interest at the statutory rate, the amount the court will award.

I therefore ask that you repay me the full amount of £2600.33. I have attached a full schedule of the charges and interest with this document.

I request that you deal with my case now rather than once the test case has ended as I rely on means tested benefits for my income and the Social Security Administration Act 1992 says that charges should not be taken from income related benefits, as this has been set by the government as the minimum amount of money someone needs to live on.

I look forward for a full response to this letter within 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

Thanks again for all your help

5layer

Started claim with Halifax on 30/04/08

Sent 1st letter for bank charges and interest

If this has been helpful then please give the Scales a click. Thanks

Hiya

Reading your letter you have added the interest,this is only added at court stage, here are some links for you they guide you step by step. and claiming beyond 6 years.

Guide To Reclaiming Bank Charges **##~~~~**##~~~~ Read This First !!

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

IMPORTANT Things You REALLY Need To Know

Hello **Tilly**,

I have taken this letter directly from 2 different sources.

The 1st from "MoneySavingExpert.com" website that a friend Emailed there link.

The 2nd from "XXX XX LTD”. A teacher at my son’s school had purchased the DIY pack.

Both people have had all there bank charges and 8% interest refunded fully.

I was amazed that they had taken a short cut that had paid off.

Perhaps there have been other people on this forum that have used the same or similar shortcut? It would be nice to know before I post the letter to the bank.

Thanks

5layer

Hello everone,

WOW

72 people viewing and 1 reply.

I think I have asked an un-answerable question...

I will go ahead and post the letter to the bank any way, after all if the above process has worked with a single letter and these people have had full payouts.

I have been back to confirm with them and they showed me the letters from there respective banks.

Thanks for your help and I will keep you posted as to how it all turns out.

5layer

Hi, 5layer.

Good luck with that, first time I've seen the interest included before you file at court.

Look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I sent a letter almost exactly the same to Halifax a few weeks ago.

I got a reply, saying that I still have to wait for the test case to end.

Am fed up of waiting, they shouldn't have taken it in the first place as I too am on means tested benefits, I will be going through the financial ombudsmen :)

The blood sucking leatches have only gone and hit me with 3 charges of £35.00, this has totally wiped out all my funds. I have 4 dd coming out in the next few days.

This has gone too far.

I'm going to see the Manager at my local branch and I'm going to see him wired with a covert video recording system. One way or another I will get the dirties on video, the next stop is the national press and tv stations.

They will return my money back to me or else...

I tried that and could only cancel 1 of them, the other 3 said it was too late in the day as the automated processes hard started.

I hate this

I feel like crying

The bank said the same thing that it was too late to stop the automated process and that I should contact the dd withdrawers directly.

This is seriously a nightmare.

I spoke to the companies concerned and they say contact the bank, only they can put a stop on this.

Called the bank again, same pathetic nonsence as before.

I will get to the bottom of this its a promise

They are due tommorow and are £18, £59.28, £73.36.

https://msds.open.ac.uk/your-record/ousba/directdebit.htm

The automated process is used as an excuse.

Look at the above link, from Open Univesity. It says:

"Can I cancel a Direct Debit if necessary?

If you need to cancel a Direct Debit, simply write to your Bank or Building Society. It is a good idea to also send a copy to the company concerned. Your Bank or Building Society can make the cancellation up to and including the due date, but try not to leave it until the last minute or you run the risk of a payment being made. Remember that cancelling the Direct Debit simply stops paying the company. If you carry on receiving the goods or service then you will have to organise an alternative payment method."

Plus, with a holiday weekend they should take the payment out slightly later, not sooner.

Write a letter to your bank, cancelling each of the DDs, take it into your branch with a paper copy of the link posted above. Keep a copy for yourself and get them to sign a receipt for the letter in case anything gets paid- we'll have to deal with that later.

You will have problems if we achieve this as there will be DDs unpaid. Are any of them a morgage or a secured loan??

You need to get moving on this. Good luck>

• Haha 1

Hi Kenny,

Had to go and collect my son from school, by the time I got back and read the messages it was too late to get back to the bank.

I will take your sujestion and take a written letter into the bank first thing in the morning.

Alas some good news- I phoned the companies again and the out come is that Virgin media and my car Insurance company have killed the DDs and I now have untill Thursday next week to make the payments or incur late charges from them.

Not as bad as it was earlier with a huge THANKS to Kennythecelt.:);)

I have been to the bank this morning and after a lot of time wasting by the bank I was finaly able to put the last dd belonging to 3g mobile that was supposed to go out today on hold with thanks to Kenny's letter.

I then phoned 3g mobile to be told that because I had cancelled the dd there was a £10 haddling charge added to the account but would have to manually pay the bill by 05/05/2008.

I can not wait to get the bank charges back.

I am glad that worked for you- well done on you, it saved a charge of £35 or so.

The £10 charge from 3G you might be able to pursue, if treated in same fashion as bank charges. Check the forum on mobiles here on CAG.:)

You will not believe this. :eek:

The bank has not put a hold on the 3g mobile dd, it bounced yesterday and its shown up on the online system today, yet another £35 charge.

They are total and utter liars, I will never trust any thing that they say again.

How can they do this??

I was assured that the dd was on hold until next month. I must have asked her at least 5/6 times to confirm that it had been put on hold.

Halifax has to be the worst bank out there.

Sadly, this is all too typical, I am sorry this happened to you. The pressure this puts you under is terrible.:mad:

Given that court cases are on hold- stayed, if you can face it, go back to the bank in person on Tuesday, taking a copy of the previous letter, and attempt to speak to the same person. If that fails, ask to speak to their supervisor. Did you get a receipt for the letter you handed in- if so, that is useful ammunition.

We now need to progress your reclaim, and you will get help with that here.

I was in the bank for over an hour waiting for the manager, insisted and got her to sign the letter, after she insisted that she would only sign for the letter if she knew what the contents where.

It was all long winded but I knew that even more time would be wasted unless someone senior signed and acknowledged the letter.

I have already sent my reclaim letter in on the 30th April 2008, I'm just waiting out the 14 days to the next stage.

Thanks for your help Kenny.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

How did it go with your draft letter for trying to get back your large amount of money? I am trying to get some charges back too,but I need to know what proof you have to give them and how do you get that proof. Thanks and good luck.

Hi

What advice can you give me for getting back my bank charges from halifax?As I have been charged a lot over the past 6 years and now my circumstances have changed,I could do with that cash back. Thanks

Hi

If you start your own thread, we will be able to help and keep track of your progress,

if you got to the bottom of the page and click on new thread, then give it a title, see you there :D