• Tweets

• wont go near it with a barge pole as its ex gov't debt.  
    • Thanks, I've had my fill of this lot. What makes me so mad is that I had to take out student loan to get any DHSS help. And then when I tried to help myself and family they presented obstacles. Might be worth passing story to RIP off Britain?
    • there is NO exposure if you simple remove your name address/ref numbers etc from docs, over 10'000 pdf uploads are here. which then harvests IP addresses off of the people that then do so..which is why we do not allow hosting sites. read our rules and upload carefully thats exactly why we say capture as JPG, redact, then convert/merge to one mass PDF. then online sites to achieve that we list do not leave watermarks.  every once in a while we have a user like you that thinks they know better...we've been doing it since 2006 with not one security issue. thank you.
    • was at the time you ticked it  but now they've still not complied . if you read up, here , you'll see thats what everyone does,  
    • no they never allow the age related get out, erudio are masters at faking supposed 'arrears' fees which were levied before said date and thus null its write off. 1000's of threads here on them!! scammers untied that lot. i can almost guarantee they'll state it's not SB'd too re above, but just ignore them once sent. dx    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Tonka 99 v BARCLAY CARD **WON**

Tonka99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

Update for this one

Had another letter today from NCO

"Dear Tonka

As you have failed to fully resolve this account we are left

with no alternative but to pass your file and the full history

of this account to the office of S.C.Letham-Locke LLB

They will be instructed to perpare a full overveiw of your account,

taking into consideration conduct to date and recommend their next

course of action to our client. This may be commencement of legal

action or that they recommend employing the assistance of their field

force. This will be initated without further notice to yourself.

Should you wish to avoid this action please contact MR R and register

your intention to resolve the matter on a voluntary basis.

We may still be able to help"

On this letter it says Client Barclays so they have not sold it on

I would like a mother of all letters to stop all this any takers :)

Also had three calls from NCO and four calls from RMA each day for

the last fortnight .

Thanks for looking in again

Tonks:)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tonks,

I suggest you wait for a letter from Letham-Locke and then send this.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I refer to your recent letter and to those received from various other companies relating to an alleged debt with Barclaycard. In addition, I have received a daily barrage of telephone calls from these companies.

You should be aware that the supposed Credit Agreement provided by Barclaycard does not comply with the CCA Regulations and is unenforceable. Furthermore, I have written to Barclaycard to reclaim unlawful penalty charges made to the account, which is therefore now In Dispute.

As holders of a Consumer Credit Licence you are obliged to comply with the Office of Fair Trading Guidelines on Debt Collection. I would therefore be obliged if you would provide me with an explanation as to why you are attempting to collect on an alleged debt, which was disputed with Barclaycard prior to your first contact with me, and has yet to be resolved.

Since this is considered an unfair practice and contrary to the OFT guidelines, you should consider this letter as a formal complaint, and provide me with a copy of your complaint resolution procedure.

I also require you to confirm that you will now comply with the OFT guidelines, and will not attempt any further collection activity whilst the dispute is unresolved.

Should you fail to provide me with the required undertaking within 7 days, I shall report your breach of the OFT guidelines to Trading Standards and complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Take notice that I will not discuss this matter on the telephone, and all further communication must be in writing. Any further telephone calls will be perceived as harassment, and dealt with accordingly.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

I've adapted it from a CurlyBen draft but please check it and amend if nec'y to reflect your case. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hey Tonks,

They'll get the idea..............................one day.;)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hello all

Guess what have had a reply from B/C

"I am sorry you feel the charges you have incurred are unfair.

We believe that our charges are both fair and tranparent, and

we make them clear in our terms and conditions,and on the reverse

of every monthly statement .

In your correspondence you have outlined a legal argument which

you say supports your view. As I am sure you will appreciate B/C

is aware of all the information you have drawn to our attention.

I must inform you however, that we disagree with your legal analysis.

Putting the above to one side, as a gesture of goodwill and without

any admission of liability, I am prepared to credit your account with

the differance between the charges that you have incurred and the

current £12.00 fee. this would amount to £72.00, plus 8% interest.

The agency responsible for your account has been notified and your

account balance will be amended accordingly."

It goes on about the FOS ect

This letter is dated the 10th Oct I got it today the 23rd :rolleyes:

Well Im not going to except that amount will find the letter thanks

but no thanks .

What do i do about the part in this letter (We disagree with your legal

analysis)

Am now going to start the PPI claim

BOOKWORM thanks for looking in :)

Must say if I can do this anyone can many thanks for the support

from you all :):):)

Will kep you posted

cheers Tonks

Hey Tonks,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html - select the right one from here and add:-

"I require a full refund of all unlawful penalty charges made by you to my a/c."

You don't neeed to reply about the legal analysis. If they thought they had a case, they'd not refund one penny. ;)

Hello all

Update

Had the letter from S.C. Leatham-Lock LL.B as promised

by NCO.

The address for them is the same as NCo RMA ect .

Rma have called three times today will now send the letter

as advised by Slick :)

Also doing the reject letter for the charges .

Been really busy here,and it was my twins 21st birthday

on Sat so need to catch up with my Cag work;)

Thanks for looking in

Hey Tonks and belated congrats to the twins on their 21st B/days. :D

Hello all

Another Update

Had letter again today from S.C. Leatham- Locke LL.B

"

We refer to the above matter which concerns your

outstanding account with Barclays .

Despite repeated requests for settlement, you have failed

to address the matter to our clients satisfaction.

We hereby inform you that we have today reviewed a detailed

history of your account and it is our intention to recommend to

our clients that they prepare the necessary papers for the issue

of legal proceedings.

Unless we receive full payment of the outstanding balance within

72 hours, we will have no alternative but to proceed with this

recommendation.

To discuss this matter call Mr xx on >>>> before the 72 hour period

has elapsed.

Please qoute your referance no with payment"

What next :evil:

Will keep u posted

Thanks for looking in

Hi Tonks,

Personally, this looks like the best thing really. Their Credit Agree't should NOT stand up to legal scrutiny if they make a court claim and they should lose.

This will therefore put an end to the barrage of letters, calls, etc that you've been getting. It will mean and end to the Impasse and a decision will be made.

I'd write back to S C Leaking-Lock and say, "I will not be paying as suggested and look forward to receiving details of your court claim so this matter can be finally resolved."

In reality though, you don't need to write at all - just wait for the claim to come through. :)

Actually, this is what I call a "candyfloss" letter, all fluff and no substance. :razz:

Look at the choice of words: "We hereby inform you that we have today reviewed a detailed history of your account and it is our intention to recommend to our clients that they prepare the necessary papers for the issue of legal proceedings." = "we have looked at your account and we're going to tell them they should sue you". Oooh, are you scared yet?

"Unless we receive full payment of the outstanding balance within 72 hours, we will have no alternative but to proceed with this recommendation." = "so, if you don't pay up, that's what we're going to tell them". Ooooh, my poor heart. :razz:

I wouldn't even waste a stamp on that one myself. :-D

Hello all

Thanks Bookworm &Slick :):)

Have received two letters this morning one from RMA which is

the third identical letter from them in as many weeks:cool:

The other from NCO : without prejudce

We have reveiwed your account and we would like to assist you

in repaying your outstanding balance.

This means that we can help you, on a concessionary basis, by

accepting two equal instalment payments as a FINAL SETTLEMENT

of :( nothing in this bit at all )

The Balance Owing .

If you would like to discuss this offer please contact Mr XX Immediately.

Once both payments have been received, Barclays Bank will update your

account to confirm that the debt has been repaid; thiswill mean that

Barclays Bank will not require you to make any further payments to this

account. As the amount would be less than the full outstanding balance

your credit file will be updated to show your balance as satisfied with a

special flag of partial settlement.

PLEASE enclose the tear off slip below to ensure payment is credited to

your account.

then there is two payment slips 1st payment 2nd payment .

PITY THEY DIDNT TELL ME WHAT THE FINAL SETTELMENT IS:-?

Oh well lets wait for the next installment :-D

Thanks for looking in

Hi Tonks.

Just guessing here, but is this one of their cunning ploys.

You just HAVE to ring them to find out what the instalments are.:confused:

On the other hand, who cares !!:D

Hope your w/e is better than our weather. :p

Hi, It could also mean they are trying to pull a fast one, so they can say they tried to settle this out of court. They've also said they will assist you in paying, so let them pay, coz they dont have a valid response to your legal request for CCA.:grin:

Hello all

Just to say that B/C have paid every penny I asked for

with interest :):):):):):):)

UNFORTUNATLY for me wont see any of it, however its

brought the debt down and now for the PPI ;)

I would like to say a very big thank you to Slick

and all the other CAGGERS who have helped me to get

back what was mine .

Thanks for looking in the saga will continue with the DCAs

and the CCA .

Cheers

Hiya Tonks,

Well done, you. In the end, that was quite quick from when you sent in the SOC to pay't.

Congratulations%5B1%5D.jpg

I wonder if they'll still keep on pestering re the balance. If they do, I think you should start a new thread to d/w the CCA and enforceability element of this a/c.

Title changed to **WON**:D

Edited by slick132
typo

Thanks Tonks - that'll be much appreciated.

;)