• Tweets

• Does anyone know if I would be allowed to record conversations with health professionals for my own use on my phone without them knowing. I know that we are allowed to record phone calls. I do record some of my phone calls for my own use due to my disability and if anything is said then I am covered. I would only record audio in private area's of myself and the professional dealing with me. I know I could not get and other persons audio in it and I don't intend to. my only other option is to buy a body cam but I am not sure the rules regarding this.I never thought i would have to but things are getting worse Thanks for any guidance 
    • Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Shall i send this to llyods

dandare2020
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Just a quick bit of advice. Do you think i should send the following letter hopefully you will get the gist of what my problem is. I'm open to advice or any additions you may think i should add. The following letter will be going to the concerns deptments you'll have to excuse the punchuation and spelling i have to sort that out:lol:

Many Thanks Dan

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing in concern to my account I had with you a few years ago which I have cancelled on two occasions, I’m not sure on specific dates but I think the first time I cancelled was about 4 years ago and the second time about 2 ½ years ago, on both occasions this action was not completed by yourselves. I believe that in cancelling the account I am in fact cancelling my agreement with you and can not be bound to any agreement/contract with Lloyds. I would also like to point out my frustration with Lloyds in continual banging my head against a brick wall when i'm trying to deal with you.

I am continually receiving letters and telephone calls which most of, over 80% I responded to either by talking on the telephone or writen correspondance. I would also like to point out I have requested on no less than 8 occasions I didn’t want phone calls but wished for all contact to be via written response, three of these letters were by reordered delivery but after 8 months of waiting for a reply from Lloyds took the wise decision to talk to the local road kill to find out more detailed information about my account because there was more likelyhood of something actual getting sorted and me getting sense out of somthing. I don’t really expect a response from you reguardingd this letter at this stage I feel my odds of winning the lottery are in fact better and I don’t buy a ticket so please feel free to surprise me.

I would also like to give concern to my current situation with you. I’m under the understanding that I supposedly currently owe you £3400.00 not quite sure why but I’m sure you can explain if you take the time to respond. The fact I haven’t received a single statement from you in over two years which I have told you about in my letters and on the telephone a countless number of times, I still await a response over a year on. I there by spoke to the Lloyds oracle (Local Road Kill) who explained that this was probably due to me closing the account down and not due to me moving address like an employee of yours told me and assuming my account was closed so didn’t give my new address out so the current owners of my pervious address returned my mail was to the post office. My response to that is that’s my parents house any mail I have I get given they still live there, end of. Please stop trying to spread the blame to me, I have received your other letters you have sent to that said address and responded to. So I was in fact receiving my mail. I must admit I made one fundamental mistake in I actual got concerned about the situation I paid you some money I think that amount stands at about £600 I regret this but didn’t want my credit to be affected I got by that point in my life and now I want things sorting out. I can’t quite understand where the money has come from I can only assume it’s part of the Lloyds Christmas saving scheme an employee picks an account adds loads of charges and interest and that’s the Christmas bonus they will recieve. Sadly i don't want this happening with my account. I feel that my account was closed I have no contract with you and no contact with you, I don’t agree with the charges and interest you have imposed on me. I have never agreed to information being added to my credit report from Lloyds. I have tried for at least a year to resolve this situation via telephone and written communication. I’m sure if you look hard enough in you waste paper recycle bin under the other 100’s no 1000,s I’m being to generous I actual mean million of complaints and communications from people trying to sort there accounts out but yet to realise that they would actual be withholding some poor Lloyds employee from there Christmas bonus. I would here by like the following actions completed as soon as possible

The removal of all charges from the account for the last four years or since the time I originally closed my account.

The removal of all interest from my account for the last for years or since the time I originally closed my account.

The removal of all information from Lloyds from my credit report.

A return correspondence with an apology that is personal written by someone.

I will Give 21 days before I take further actions.

Yours faithfully

Daniel Bilton

I would definitely not send that letter, it uses the wrong tone and approach. It will just get ignored.

I think the first thing you need to do is request your statements using a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and then summarise the charges and then seek to claim these back, have a look here for more information:

Step by Step

Guide to Forum

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Hi

I've calm down a bit now. I got a letter chasing the money the other day and it really wound me up. I got to i had till the begining of may to pay the whole amount. I have also been told i have to write a letter to the concerns department. I did mention trying to claim my charges back to the lady i spoke with and she said i wouldn't have time. But i told her the situation she advised me to write a letter to the concerns department and if this was the case they would remove all the charges and intrest no problem. Could you please give me any advice on an approch i should take with the concerns department

Many Thanks

Dan

I have never heard of the concerns department, however I find writing anything to the bank is usually a waste of time and you just get fobbed off.

Follow the step by step guide to reclaim your charges as my post 2 above.

How much approximately of the £3,400 is comprised of charges?

Hi thanks for your reply

I can only guess all off the figure is charges and intrest i've not spent on the card since i closed it down. I agree with the comment about not getting any sense from them. The whole situation is driving me up the wall. I have another phone call from them today well from the collection company saying i have to pay them i try explaining the issues i have to be told they don't care and if i don't pay by the end of the week they will take me to court. I asked but did't offer a token payment to be told full and final only. I'm very close to losing my rag which isn't me. They just keep saying write to the concerns department. They feel i should get a resolve within a week

Many Thanks

Dan

Can I clarify, is this debt for a credit card or bank account?

Do not waste your energy talking to them and send them a SAR to establish just what the £3,400 is comprised of.

Hi this is for a credit card. The feeling i get and from what they keep telling me is that i don't have time to request my statments and the try to reclaim the charges. The keep going on about this concerns department which just has an address and no telephone number. I have just rang them again to talk to this idiot of a bloke who basiclly said by the time i have recived my statments i will have the baliff at the door. All he kept going on about is this stupid concerns department. Please Help

Many Thanks

Dan

Do not be pressured by them, this is their tactic to get people to pay and it works as most individuals do not know their rights.

Send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and then on the basis of that information reclaim your charges.

You have time, that cannot send in a bailiff (that has any powers) without a court judgement (and they would have to commence legal proceedings first).

They are just trying to intimidate. As I said do not talk to them. Do not let them control you.

If they legal commence proceedings before you, you will just counterclaim your charges in extinguishment.