Money Box Live - BBC R4 14 Apr 08 - CRAs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I did a FOIA request the other month, to both OFT, and ICO to ask them whether there was any formal agreement between the OFT and ICO as to how long default data could be kept.

Interestingly, the ICO and OFT admitted that they had no records of such an agreement.

so, it seems that the decision was entirely the Credit Reference agencies.

A second question was whether the ICO had ever investigated the matter, and all the ICO could say is that they had never formally investigated the matter, but that they have never ruled against the CRA's either.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

HAHAHA. So far, they advise you to raise a dispute with the CRA, and they'll hopefully sort it.

And the wummun who is supposed to be on our side thinks a notice of correction is good enough.

We'll she would wouldn't she You pay peanuts you get monkey's & she was there to ask questions for the consumer.

With 'friends' like her who needs enemies..........stupid cow

I did a FOIA request the other month, to both OFT, and Information Commissioners Office to ask them whether there was any formal agreement between the OFT and Information Commissioners Office as to how long default data could be kept.

Interestingly, the Information Commissioners Office and OFT admitted that they had no records of such an agreement.

so, it seems that the decision was entirely the Credit Reference agencies.

A second question was whether the Information Commissioners Office had ever investigated the matter, and all the Information Commissioners Office could say is that they had never formally investigated the matter, but that they have never ruled against the CRA's either.

Just what I have been saying all along & is my 1st question when the CRA's try to justify retaining data after the termination of the contract......'Its the law' they cry............'who's law, show me' say I......& they can't answer........well not coherently anyway

OK, serious question now. If anyone has requested their credit report, then suddenly found that they had "woken up" the sleeping dogs of the DCA's, would you please drop me a line? I've had a reply back from the Moneybox producer asking for more info, so now's your opportunity to get some feedback back to the media. Just that subject please.

[email protected]

What about the phony finance brokers seahorse??

I could let you have copies of my complaint to both the OFT & Information Commissioners Office & it follows on

Also ask a mod to make your request a header to the forum

Well, I'm going to go down the FOS route. That Neil Munroe geezer said they regulate them, so that's what I'll do. :D

Wait, hang on a mo.. he also said £2 was the fee for a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). Maybe he actually doesn't know what he's on about. I'll ask the FOS first. ;)

Maybe he doesn't want people asking for full SAR's.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?