Banks will never let me forget....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dave I can really see where you're coming from.

I'm having lots of fun with my Bank at the mo. I don't have a Switch card or cheque book because of my dire credit history, however, my bank suddenly decided, a couple of years ago, that I was blind and lived in Scotland and decided to reflect that on my statements :mad: So although my address was correct on the envelope, the statements were addressed to some obscure address in Scotland :rolleyes:

I've managed to get my account statements addressed to me at my correct address without "Articles for the Blind - do not crush" plastered across a jiffy bag and without a floppy disc inside and after complaining, I received a rather nice big hamper from them (the biscuits in it were yummy :grin:)

Unfortunately, for the last year they have now decided that they're going to bombard me with marketing letters for loans and credit cards and yes, you guessed it, their Marketing Department have decided I live in Scotland and I'm blind :rolleyes:

After several letters to their Complaints Dept, I still haven't had it resolved so will be off to the FOS shortly.

Not being at my best at the moment, and having received yet another piggin' marketing letter from them, I decided to ring them up and let off some steam :grin: I spoke to their Loan Dept who after taking all my details, said they would pass me on to their Complaints Dept so I made a point of saying that could they explain the nature of my complaint to the Complaints Dept to save me having to explain my situation twice and was told that yes, that wouldn't be a problem.

Get put on hold for ten minutes without anyone coming back to say that they were sorry to keep me waiting (having to listen to some unbearable drone they like to call music gggrrrrr) they were probably hoping I would just put the 'phone down, finally get through to the Complaints Dept who ask me to explain my situation - again. So I asked if the person who put me through to them hadn't already explained why I was calling them and they said "no" so I *suggested* they spoke to him and then called me back.

Yep, you guessed it, no one called me back :mad:

Tbh, I'm quite happy without a switch card or cheque book. I have a Basic Account which allows DDs and SOs and I just withdraw cash from the machine whenever I need it - suits me. I just don't trust them to get anything right anymore.

• Haha 1

It's funny how you get used to cash only though Dave. I get really annoyed having to wait for peeps with cards to get them out of their wallet/purse, put the card in the machine, then press the number, etc etc, then the machine doesn't work and they faff about for ages whilst I stand there thinking it's far easier to just give the cashier the cash and get your change, then bog off :D

Yes, I know there's "cash only" tills but they're usually at the wrong end of ASDA by the time I've finished my shopping. I do like having a go with the "scan your own" machines but nine times out of ten, they play up too - computers sheesshh :rolleyes: