style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wow yes that is some serious jibberish! I'll see what we can do.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

It is ok for me too, Firefox on the lappy and when I use Safari on the Ipod, it is ok.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

shush you:p

By 'not working', I guess you mean it's showing random gibberish, as oppose to just looking a bit wonky? I get the same thing in Opera and Konqueror, but not FF, links, curl, wget etc.

I wonder if it's a case that Opera can't handle the gzipped content (we use mod deflate), although that would apply to /forum too. I'll work on it

Front page just contains a load of jibberish (gibberish?) - forum appears fine. I'm using Opera Mobile if that makes a difference.

No problems in FF.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Yep, it's showing random gibberish for me as well.

I thought it was down to the gzip compression you're using as well, until I noticed that you're also compressing /forum, which is fine.

Only thing I can notice that might be vaguely relevant (and this is a long way from me thinking it actually is relevant) is:

When accessing /, the http headers come back as:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 11:07:23 GMT

Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) PHP/4.4.4-8+etch4

X-Powered-By: PHP/4.4.4-8+etch4

Set-Cookie: 239a6729b6c570e31979ebd8af3396f8=-; path=/

Set-Cookie: mosvisitor=1

Content-Encoding: gzip

Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT

Last-Modified: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 11:07:23 GMT

Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate

Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0

Pragma: no-cache

Vary: Accept-Encoding

Keep-Alive: timeout=3, max=10000

Connection: Keep-Alive

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Content-Type: text/html

And when accessing /forum:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 11:07:28 GMT

Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) PHP/4.4.4-8+etch4

X-Powered-By: PHP/4.4.4-8+etch4

Cache-Control: private

Pragma: private

Content-Encoding: gzip

Vary: Accept-Encoding

Keep-Alive: timeout=3, max=10000

Connection: Keep-Alive

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1

Only potential difference that I can see is that when going to /forum, a charset is being set in the Content-Type header, but when going to /, it isn't. Since this feels like a content-type type problem, that could be relevant.

I've specifying the charset, but that hasn't made a difference (I was doubtful). I've also tried disabling mod deflate, in case Opera couldn't handle gzipped content. No luck there either.

What did work though was to change the UserAgent in Opera to that of Firefox. so we must have something server-side (either in Apache or Joomla) that is trying to be clever. I'll keep looking

Got the Opera problem fixed - it was an issue with how Joomla handled gzipping for clients that identified themselves as Opera

I've specifying the charset, but that hasn't made a difference (I was doubtful). I've also tried disabling mod deflate, in case Opera couldn't handle gzipped content. No luck there either.

What did work though was to change the UserAgent in Opera to that of Firefox. so we must have something server-side (either in Apache or Joomla) that is trying to be clever. I'll keep looking

Did you see that flying right over my head :-)

What is all this about mice then?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

They're illegally squatting in my garage. I didn't mind too much at first, but then I found they'd built a nest under the bonnet of my car. Don't want them chewing the wires etc, so I decided it was time for them to go.

Unfortunately they're pretty clever. I've tried a few different traps, but they always get the food without getting caught. Tried one of those things that emit a high pitched noise too, but that didn't seem to do much (although it may well be repelling teenagers from) - could be that they're taking the cheese out of the trap and putting it in their ears.

I tried mint, mothballs, and cloves - apparently they don't like the smell of those. I don't want to use poison, as I'll then have dead mice rotting away (plus I can't bring myself to kill them)

The only other method I know of is fox's urine - it scares them away. Unfortunately, catching a fox is hard enough, let alone persuading it to urinate while you hold a pint glass under it.

I've conceded defeat.