BCW income/exp form and GPB solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have written to BCW twice to explain my circumstances re Provident loan of £744. I told them I'm on benefits due to being ill ( I have got a tracheostomy and other problems) they wont accept my offer of £5 a month, they now want me to fill out the income/exp form. I dont mind sending them a copy of a bank statement showing how much I get each week but do I have to fill out the form? I've got nothing to hide, but the thought of it does my head in. No two weeks are the same, this week I've got more to pay out than next week and you never know when you're going to put more in the gas meter etc. They also said they didnt understand my letter?? Am I not making myself clear? Also received a strange letter from Geoffrey Parker Bourne saying in the absence of either receipt of payment or firm arrangements for repayment then Legal proceedings may be issued against me. Please note we are instructed NOT to enter into correspondence with you at this stage but refer you to BCW Group. Any advice please??

If you have written to tell them of your circumstances and they have not accepted your offer then it might be worthwhile sending them a request for a copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement ?, also is it likely that they have added some excessive penalty charges to the account ? which in principle you can claim back.....send this letter to BCW, don't hand sign it, send it with a postal order for £1 and send it by recorded delivery, remember a court will only make you pay what you can afford, but if it gets to a court situation they may try and make you pay legal costs too....without a copy of a consumer credit agreement (and it must have the prescribed terms on it) then the debt is unenforceable in a court of law....

it is letter 'N' from here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

They have to provide a copy in 12+2 working days, if they don't then they are in default of your request, if after a further 30 days they still haven't produced it then they have committed an offence under the Consumer Credit Act of 1974.

Thankyou 42man, Will try to cut a long story short, in 1997 man came to door offering vouchers worth £50, which I paid back weekly, now I must have signed something but haven't got anything now, then after paying back the £60, I got more loans, sometimes I had 2 or 3 smalls loans on the go, I remember signing for each loan, but I dont keep all my paperwork! do you still offer the same advice?

Thanks 42man, it has given me a headache all weekend wondering what to do next. I will write to BCW tomorrow, I do appreciate your advice. As I'm fairly new on here, can I ask what tickling your scales is? :)

• 2 weeks later...