lost my rag last night!

mailmannz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Next time when they ask you to ID yourself point out that they are phoning you not the other way round.

Just ignore their questions & plough on regardless with the following speaking over them if necessary. Don't be put off or distracted by any of their question just carry on as if they aren't speaking.

Say you cannot cooperate because you are aware, through the media, that a great deal of fraud against bank customers is being perpetrated from tricksters particularly from overseas one of which she/he might be.

Ask for their details name, status, direct contact tel. no etc: as you will report this contact & attempts to obtain your personal info to the banks fraud department - then tell them (at the end) that for security reasons the call is being recorded.

You can hear them shuffling about on their seat all the way from Asia

If you are able to use Internet Banking, you can remove your phone number there. I was tempted to replace mine with the number of their own damn call centre. :rolleyes:

Great Idea

Better still I think is replace your number with a premuim rate one to another call centre that gives loads of choices then their computer can speak to another computer to it's hearts content

Can you imagine both of them saying to each other "I'm sorry I didn't recognise your choice please try again" "I'm sorry I didn't recognise YOUR choice please try again" "NO I didn't recognise YOUR choice please try AGAIN over & over - what a wonderful thought - I wonder can computers get phone rage:D

• Haha 1

Throw her a curve ball. This one is always a good one for the overseas call centres - They have no clue what to say or do.

" I deem the quantity and frequency of your calls to me are personally harrassing. I am now verbally requesting that these stop. I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1949) and I will report you to both Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine."

They usually hang up. They never rang me again! I was myself overdrawn by £13.49 due to payday been a day late!

Alternatively have some fun with them and play parts from Peter Kay down the phone. The big thing is don't let them wind you up!

"Garlic Bread, its the future"

Another great idea but I bet the OP will get out the 1st sentence when he will feel their eyes glaze over cause they won't understand a word which i suppose is part of the plan