Clarity and Cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after numerous telephone calls to my home sent letter to clarity asking them to write only which they did

the letter arrived today for a debt my wife owes for 1912.34 pounds she doesnt know what it is and they do not say only that they are acting for Cabot who I know is another DCA would cabot be allowed to pass her data onto clarity or would this be a breach of the data protection act?

Depends if they have a CCA - why not send a request to Crackpot and see what they come up with?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

what I dont understand is she has never heard from cabot about this debt and first we hear about it is from clarity who do not say what the debt is for just they are collecting for cabot, seems strange that cabot have passed this debt on without trying to collect on it themselves

Cabot have probably bought an old statute barred debt and the sold it onto clarity or have got clarity acting for them - this seems to happen a lot.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.