BlackHorse PPI battle?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well after joining this forum a few weeks back I realised we had been sold a PPI by blackhorse with our loan - this is a seperate payment and attracts interest but comes out each month with the loan figure.

I didn't even know we didn't need the PPI until BlackHorse told me themselves they shouldn't "hard sell" such things? So ive used the standard initial letter from the forum and today I have received a reply?

BlackHorse have told me to get stuffed basically.

They say as I didn't cancel during the 30 days as stated we now can't cancell - what 30 days? nobody emphasised that one?

They say I can complain to the financial ombudsman service if I want to?

They say that when I applied for the loan I was asked certain criteria to show I needed the PPI, again since when was this explained to me - they have sent a copy of this criteria and its all BS.It states that we couldn't make the payments if we became critically ill or suffered loss of life - I have cover through work for this but it shows a No against this question - ie showing we need the cover. This again was never explained to us.

They have covered their tracks well and sold the PPI by hiding it in gumph when we applied and now they are refusing to cancell it and obviously won't repay the last 6 payments we have made.

Where do I go from here on this one?

Also interestingly enough I have also received a letter about PPI's today from ther competition commision concerning being mis sold PPI's and stating they may contact me shortly to get my views, WEird how this arrives same day as BlackHorse tell me to go play on the motorway?

I would ask BH for a copy of their complaints procedure, as you cannot get the FOS involved uness you can show you have formally taken this route.

If they refuse to take your complaint, you can contact the FOS straight away.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.