Jcr - Canada

jcrecruit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

This is my first post...I must publicly thank Goldlady for conversing with me, and sharing her experiences with me. Being on the other side of pond, Canada, this is what is happening in our neck of the winds. I have conversed with this chap a few times. Believe it or not this man has received a judgment against Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce for $1.4 billion..yes with a B! Apparently monetizing the debt is the next hurdle..what that involves I am not certain. Opinions on what is written below are more than welcome.

I am preparing to deal with a 4 credit card companies, but I have

assets that concern me..house, rentals...that I fear they may lien if judgement is granted...so here I am. I could pay them by mortgaging a property but is this the right thing to do. There is little room to negotiate with these folks..Anyways i take this move with trepidation. Any opinions are welcome on whether John's method of dealing with the cc's is appropriate, or dangerous.

Best regards,

JCr

[edited]

Hi JCRecruit,

You've put a massive post in the middle of someone's thread at an important time of their case.

It may be commercial and, as such, may need moderating.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Posts moved to their own thread.

From what I read before removing the link, I'd say this was the equivalent of an IVA in the UK, but I am not familiar enough with that to be sure.

Regardless, I am sorry to say that since your situation is in Canada, we can not assist you here, as this is a Uk based forum, so whatever laws apply will not be the same.

One thing you need to look at, no matter where you are, is how much it is going to cost you in real terms, fees and credit rating, before deciding what to do. :-)

I apologize...yes i realized after the fact that I had posted on someone else's thread, and didn't know how to remove it...and didn't realize there was commercial limitations. I am sorry again...I will try to modify the read since it was most interesting. Also I have found much of what is written here applies to our canadian law..don't forget we are still under charter with no real constitution, and subsequently still pledge alegiance to the Queen. For example the Data Protection Act is shared by us both and a number of other countries...most helpful indeed.

Best all Jcr