BA said flight cancelled - found out it wasn't!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help with this.

My parents are going to Syndey their route is - Manchester to Heathrow, Heathrow to Sydney via Singapore.

They arrived at Manchester Airport and were told a few hours before their flight that it had been cancelled (no reasons given). They were told that a bus had been put on for them to take them to Heathrow.

Because they were concerned about missing connecting flight they asked us to check if they would be put on a later flight to Sydney. After checking, it turns out that their flight from Manchester to Heathrow was NOT cancelled after all, but delayed by 4 hours, so according to flight times the plane will land BEFORE they arrive by coach.

BA are now saying the flight was never cancelled, only delayed. So why put 30 odd people on a coach to Heathrow?

Can anyone help with were my parents stand. They would have preferred to have a mooch round the airport for a few hours than sit on a coach. Plus the connection they missed has been replaced for them but this now means they have to sit in Heathrow for an extra 11 hours.

Are they entitled to refunds, compensation, or anything else. What can we do about BA saying they never said it was cancelled only delayed.

Quick responses would be great, as they are still on their way to Heathrow as i write!!

Thanks

Bearmaggie

• 2 weeks later...