• Tweets

• Thanks dx for your guide. Yes, I will use their services, but not often. I usually spend around 80 per month, but the season ticket price is 160. I plan to renew it as long it could help me to show that I will not do it again.
    • if you are going to be using its services yes if not no. STOP PANICKING........ yours is not the next move. dx  
    • You could try this and include a copy to the SRA who are being particularly tolerant to this bunch of jackapes. This also shows that you are not to be messed with and are capable of stirring up trouble for them when they step out of line. Dear DCBL, I am in receipt of your letter of 18th April 2024 regarding CPR1.1 After studying the whole section I cannot see anywhere that I am required to furnish you  with my mail address or my phone number. Perhaps you would be kind enough to provide me with a reference to it. I suspect that your subterfuge is designed to allow you to bombard uninformed litigants with last minute information on the day of their Court case which appears to occur at times with your company. I notice that you are asking for proportionality at the same time as you are demanding  an unlawful £160 when you are aware that under PoFA the maximum that can be demanded  is only £100. You will note  that I have included the Solicitor's Regulation Authority into our conversation in order to ensure your reply. And your old excuse of "admin. error" is surely wearing a bit thin even with the SRA. so I look forward to an apology for your error and a declaration that you will desist from trying to hoodwink other motorists in future.  
    • OK. Thanks, all. Should I renew the season ticket as it going to be expired.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

MBNA PPI Unsecured Loans Eyes Wide Shut

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

Dont be to hard on yourself, none of us are asking about PPI because we have nothing better to do.

Yes i think you have a good chance of getting your money back.

Of course, they wont agree, so be prepared for a challenge.

Like any claim of any sort, you must be in possession of the facts, or you will waste a lot of time.

You are right to start with a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

Adapt it to request a copy of the credit agreements, copies of the figures used for settlements, a copy of the master insurance policy, transcripts of their "correct" selling proceedures.

Anything you think you might need.

You might want to start a new thread for other claims.

Its less confusing.

Good Luck

TC.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Hello FUWW,

Glad to see you are starting off with a stratagy. These matter are better if you take your time and get it write to start off with.

Irresponsible lending for unjust enrichment springs to mind here, I think these companies attend/run courses of consumer psyhocology and know exactly how to reel customers in. It gives you a sense of being someone special and I know because it worked on me:lol:

Thoroughly read all the terms and condition on the ppi policy, that is if you have them. Look for thing like how much they will pay out and how long for. It is usually not for a long time and not that much. and if at all with you being self employed.

The other thing to look into is your credit agreement and how they applied the ppi and ppi interest. They are not allowed to include it in the total charge for credit. I will try to find the info for you to read.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Here is the info from Peterbard

Total Charge for Credit

I think many of who have been working with the above for a while forget how difficult it was to get our heads around this in the beginning so what I have attempted to do here is an introduction to the subject.

I have found that incorrect TCCs can be responsible for a large percentage of agreement being incorrectly executed and, in many cases the cause of unenforceability, especially in older credit agreements.

When you repay a loan whether it be credit card, fixed sum, hire purchase or whatever you agree to pay it back in instalments over a period of time.

If you look at what you repay you will see it falls into distinct categories

1) The amount you borrowed

2) The deposit (in the case of hire purchase to buy a car for instance)

3) Any charges that you had to pay in order to get the loan.

The sum of the above form the TAP (Total Amount Payable)

The last category (3) consists of the Total Charge for credit.

TOTAL CHARGE for CREDIT consists of any monies that you contractually agreed to pay in order to procure the loan. It Includes;

• The interest charged on the loan
  • Any setting up fees charged by the creditor
  • Any insurance that was conditional on you getting the loan (if you didn’t buy they wouldn’t give you the loan)
  • The final purchase element on a hire purchase agreement
  • Any brokerage charges
  • Any attached agreements necessary to the purchase of the loan

(An exhaustive list of charges that should be included in the TCC are contained in the TCC regulations 1980)

The consumer Credit Act 1974 section 9(4) says that,” (4). For the purposes of this Act, an item entering into the total charge for credit shall not be treated as credit even though time is allowed for its payment.”

So for a start we see that if one of these items appeared as part of the amount loaned it would contravene the Act.

Unenforceability

Apart from breaching the act there are other consequences for the creditor who gets this wrong. The main one is the amount loaned or credit, this as you know is a prescribed term and if missing or incorrect would render all agreements made before the 6th of April 2007 unenforceable.

If even one of the items listed above where to end up contained the amount loaned (Credit) then the total figure would be incorrect by that amount, and render the agreement unenforceable.

APR

Lastly I better mention the TCC in relation to the APR quoted on the agreement.

The perceived cost the loan can be calculated by using;

The amount you loaned,

The time taken to repay it and

The amount of interest you pay

This would give you the interest quoted in the agreement, however this would not include the total cost of the loan as it would leave out all the other charges that you have had to pay in order to get it.

The APR calculates its value by using the TCC instead of just the interest thus including all the charges and giving a truer picture of what the loan actually costs you

As you can imagine there are many other aspect to the TCC that I have not mentioned here but there are extremely good OFT pamphlets on the subject on there website and the full low-down is contained within the TCC regs 1980. I have not seen these available on line and had to buy mine maybe someone reading this knows a better source.

Best regards

Peter

See what you think:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

i have never had the pleasure i dont think. i have had that many cards not sure you they are rearly with you think their with one person then find out its someone totally different. A + L are top of my list. i ran into financal difficulties when partner left me with all the bills been paying them off at 20 a month they gave me a default and then added 5 years of charges to final figure so probley be paying them till the next millenium but have also had cards i think insurance and so on. going to check it out so i can get something yes i know probley to give them back.

but will check out if i have any MBNA what does it stand for may then have idea if have had dealings with them.

i have never had the pleasure i dont think. i have had that many cards not sure you they are rearly with you think their with one person then find out its someone totally different. A + L are top of my list. i ran into financal difficulties when partner left me with all the bills been paying them off at 20 a month they gave me a default and then added 5 years of charges to final figure so probley be paying them till the next millenium but have also had cards i think insurance and so on. going to check it out so i can get something yes i know probley to give them back.

but will check out if i have any MBNA what does it stand for may then have idea if have had dealings with them.

Think a fair few use mbna, mines a Abby card which is mbna and my mother has 1 which is a completely different name but is mbna.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I was posting on Circles11 thread but as your complaint is identical to mine I didn't want to hi jack and thought I'd better join your post. Ive got one PPI back but my next one isn't going to be as easy as if the first one was!

I will read through your threads and get back to you in the next couple of days.

Lizzy

Hello BRW,

I have a claim started against RBS.

I have been following your thread and your advice to others in similar PPI situations. Like the Humour.

I have seen somewhere in my endeavours to become a fully qualified Legal expert an item re banks using refinancing of earlier loans in an effort to get even more bonuses/Profits. It seems that banks havaing access to a great deal of your financial information. ie salary, direct debits, standing orders, overdrafts, credit card payments etc are in an ideal position to stalk you for the ideal time to pounce with a "this is just a friendly call to see if we can help you with your account etc etc" They know when you are in a bit of difficulty and the "can we help with refinance to consolidate your existing loan with PPI and your credit card and your overdraft"

this has happened to me 5 times since 2000 and I have only become aware of the PPI issue through this site and MoneySavingExpert in the last 14 months.

I will find the item and post to see if it can be used in your argument against MBNA.#

UNFAIR RELATIONSHIPS

44. Sections 19-22 repeal and replace sections 137-140 of the 1974 Act which

empowered the Court to reopen an ‘extortionate credit bargain’. A bargain was

‘extortionate’, if at the time the agreement was made, it required the debtor to make

payments which were grossly exorbitant or otherwise grossly contravened ordinary

principles of fair dealing. In coming to its conclusions the court was required to

consider evidence produced concerning specific factors relevant to prevailing interest

rates, the debtor (e.g. age, experience or degree of financial pressure) and creditor

(e.g. accepted risk having regard to value of security).

45. The amended provisions will enable a court to consider whether the

relationship between the creditor and debtor arising out of that agreement is unfair to

the debtor because of the terms of the agreement, the way in which the agreement is

operated by the creditor or any other thing done or not done by or on behalf of the

creditor before or after the agreement was made. The court may take into account all

matters it thinks relevant relating to the creditor and debtor in making its assessment.

The court is provided with a broad range of remedies under new section 140B to

address the unfairness.

These notes refer to the Consumer Credit Act 2006 (c.14)

which received Royal Assent on 30 March 2006

Section 19: Unfair relationships between creditors and debtors

46. Section 19 inserts a new section 140A after section 140 of the 1974 Act.

Section 140A(1) enables a court to make an order under the new section 140B,

inserted into the 1974 Act by section 20 (see below) if it finds that the relationship

between the creditor and the debtor arising out of a credit agreement, or that

agreement taken with any related agreement, is unfair to the debtor. A relationship

may be unfair to the debtor because of one or more of the following:

any of the terms of the agreement or any related agreement;

the way in which the creditor has exercised or enforced any of his rights under

the agreement or any related agreement;

any other thing done (or not done) by, or on behalf of, the creditor (whether

occurring before or after the making of the agreement or any related

agreement).

47. The court may take into account all matters it thinks relevant (including

matters relevant to the debtor and to the creditor) in determining whether a

relationship is unfair. This may include anything done or not done on behalf of or in

relation to the creditor’s associates or former associates (as defined by section 184 of

the 1974 Act).

48. Section 140A does not apply to agreements that are exempt under section

16(6C) of the 1974 Act. Section 16(6C) exempts consumer credit agreements secured

on land that are regulated by FSA under FSMA.

Section 20: Powers of the court in relation to unfair relationships

49. Section 20 inserts a new section 140B after the new section 140A (inserted

into the 1974 Act by section 19). Section 140B sets out the types of orders that a

court may make in relation to any determination that a relationship between a creditor

and a debtor is unfair.

Section 21: Interpretation of ss.140A and 140B of the 1974 Act

50. Section 21 inserts a new section 140C after the new section 140B (inserted

into the 1974 Act by section 20). The new section 140C defines the types of

agreements that are covered by sections 140A and 140B. Any agreement that

involves the provision of credit to an individual, whether or not regulated by the 1974

Act (except as specified (see paragraph 48 above)), is covered. The sections also

cover, through the definition of “related agreement”, the practice where the creditor

enters into successive credit agreements with a debtor for the purpose, for example, of

increasing the total amount of the debt or obtaining multiple fees from the debtor for

setting up each loan.

Taken from this link

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts2006/en/ukpgaen_20060014_en.pdf

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello again BRW,

Seems like you are getting a plan together.

I was fortunate enough to have kept carbon copies of my CCAs :D and being much in the same boat as yourself with two loans with Direct Line (part of the RBoS empire). Then RBoS step in to help with a really good APR loan and PPI followed by a second and a third with perfect timing.:rolleyes: They call you so the approach is unsolicited. unasked: not asked for; "unasked advice"; "unsolicited junk mail"

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn - Definition in context

Like your own case any figure shown on the statements on refinance show a rebate on the loan but there is no apportionment to PPI or the Interest applied to it. My guess is, it would be be peanuts.

Each of my CCAs show they have included the Interest on the PPI premiums as part of the Total Charge for Credit TCC which basically If I understand it correctly contravenes the Consumer Credit Act 1974 as the CCAs I hold show the PPI as optional. I believe this renders the CCA unenforceable and if it is, then it is worthless, and if it is worthless then why should I have paid for it. Refund please!

I have listed some details in my own thread taken from the Office of Fair Trading. Post 15 on this link.

alanalana PPI claim against RBS (looking for some help) please

Good luck with your action

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

You guys have accumulated so much great information within this thread.

It is so important to get all information correctly put together before making complaint.

A couple of points I would like some help with and that is:

On my T & C document under self employedment it says " you must be paying class 2 national insurance", what happens if your not paying class 2 National Insurance or you are exempt?

The second point I would like help with is, when checking my agreement (is this the document which list all the payments interest and total amount to pay monthly? well this document lists my old PO box address now this address was cancelled over 7 years ago and the loan with PPI was taken out in 2003, I was wondering why I never get any statements for this loan account? So I haven't a clue how much I have paid and how much is still outstanding. My business account statments manage to get to the right address, they are so incompetent.

When you read everyone plight on how they have been miss sold or a better word miss treated, it makes me feel so cross with myself for not being more aware and taking the time to look documents and T & C over but when your self employed and you need the money its the last thing on ones mind.

Also when dealing with high street banks you feel that they will treat you fairly and honestly and you are getting the best advice. That just doesn't seem to be the case.

Hello BRW,

More info for you, not sure if you can use it or not. Check out my links thread. subscribed.giflinks aaaand this link.

Statutory Instrument 1999 No. 2083

may give your more ammunition.

regards

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from