Cassidy Davis PPI on mortgage..wont pay up

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

My first post here so please be gentle :)

After 8 years self employed, I had to close our retail business in Feb this year so of course I became unemployed.

I signed on, as I was supposed to, this was more of a formality than anything else as it helped sort out Inland Revenue with tax issues etc.

Anyway, I received letters stating I was not entitled to any benefits as my NI contributions only covered NHS/Pension and not state benefits so I didn't bother to continue signing on.

So I worried, then saw a copy of my mortgage statement for the last year which showed a PPI being added to my balance each month at a rate of £50+.

I checked this with Future Mortgages and they said I had PPI and should be able to claim on it.

I contacted Cassidy Davis and completed a claim form. One of the stipulations of making a claim for unemployment is that you sign on with the job centre. I stopped signing on when I heard they would not pay me any benefits and then went to recruitment agencies instead (online and high street), naturally I have records of this.

So, basically they are telling me I cannot claim.

On top of this, I honestly do not remember taking this policy out and if I did I have no records or paperwork anywhere. The money seems to be added to my mortgage account (total outstanding not monthly amount I pay) so I would not have noticed the funds coming out of my bank. This all sounds very iffy.

Any recommendations as to the next stage, I have already asked for a signed copy (by me) of the original agreement and a set of terms and the schedule/policy.

I would estmate they have had approx £3000+ so far...

OK, I wonder what would happen if you start signing on again. You have done the right thing asking for the information on the policy etc, but I suggest you start signing on again, and let them know that you are doing this. Tell them that you had not fully appreciated that you needed to sign on, and ask them if they will agree to pay if you now comply with their terms. If they agree, then great. If they still refuse to pay, then it seems to me that you should then stop paying it because you are not getting anything for your money.

I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but in this case I think you need to study the T's and C's so that you know what you need to do to meet their criteria for payment.

Please note my sig below.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.