Jump to content

What are my rights in this situation?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

The company I worked for was ‘merged’ with another company and as a result a lot of people were notified that their positions were redundant.

Shortly before the end of the notice period I was made an offer to stay on for a set period of time and in return I would receive a bonus (I also would continue to continue to receive all benefits inc holiday etc). I accepted this.

At the end of the extension I was made a further offer to stay with the business until another set date, and again a bonus was offered (I also would continue to continue to receive all benefits inc holiday etc). I accepted this.

During this 2nd retained period, the company then ‘merged’ with another company and set about another realignment process, during which more people were advised they would be made redundant.

Towards the end of my then 2nd retained period I was advised that there may be a permanent role for me, but it could not be confirmed until the current alignment had be finalised. As my retained period ended before any permanent position able to be offered, I was advised I would be offered a further extension and bonus.

With the proposition of a permanent role on the horizon I continued to work as required. Recent discussions and talks surrounding a permanent position have made me realise that the expectations I have of salary etc may not be reached and so although I feel let down by this, I have decided to weigh up my options.

Upon going to review the terms of my current extension I realised I did not have copy! Then upon further investigation, I realised I had never been issued with one at the time my previous offer ended.

I requested HR to provide me with a copy of the current extension package only to discover a) one had not been on my file b) the amount of bonus offered was below that of what I had previously been given and not what I had understood I would receive.

I have asked HR to explain why the current details were not given to me until now (and only upon my request) and also why the bonus offered is not what I understood it would be.

What can I do in this situation – I’m not trying to ‘make the most’ of this situation, I want to just receive what I expected to (and in line with others who are bonuses too)?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have anything you can rely on, emails, handwritten scribble, anything that says the amount?


Can you speak to your line manager?


I have copies of others details and my previous offers but nothing realting to this one. I have spoken to my line manager but it seems to rest with HR.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be useful if you provided actual timescales as your question seems to involve 2 TUPE transfers, which are the most tricky part of employment law.


Not too keen to give dates (u never know who's watching).

Link to post
Share on other sites

It now transpires that HR never actually issued an offer when the old one expired but instead created one, following my requesting a copy.


They have not answered my demand to know why they did not issue the offer when the old one expired.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...