BT "Payment Processing Charge"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had some thoughts on this:

Apparently, the "payment processing charge" is 1.50 per month. I don't quite see how a fee can apply "monthly" to process one payment made quarterly.

But in terms of getting value for money, we thought we'd set up a whole series of BACS payments.

30 days @ 0.15 per day = 4.50

I'd guess that will cost BT at least 60 to 90 pence to process, so it's still a complete fraud and rip-off.

But if everyone did this... :-)

Any thoughts?

• 3 months later...

Hello.

As a new comer could I ask if members have seen the following in the draft Ofcom Guidance.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/addcharges/addcharges.pdf

A5.43 However, we consider that it may be unfair for consumers to pay, as part of the

charge, a cost component which does not reflect the suppliers’ increased cost of

taking payment by a means other than direct debit. Thus, for example, we believe it

would not be fair for suppliers to include as a component of the non-DD charge the

recovery of general “bad debt” costs. In our view there is little evidence of a causal

link between a consumer’s choice of method of payment and the risk that the same

consumer will fail to pay for the services provided. In particular, it is unclear how

and why the choice of payment method will actually cause the consumer to go into

bad debt. The principles applied in this context are consistent with the OFT’s

guidance on credit card default payments.

BT letters to me make it quite clear that the non DD charge is based on recovery of bad debts from Non DD payers and hence is unfair in the view of Ofcom.

I like that thinking tho, set up a standing order for 15p a day to BT to cover the £1.50 monthly charge! You'd at least get more value for money on the charge!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

How can BT charge £1.50 a month for admin of handling non DD payments yet try to get people to sign up for paperless billing (which will save BT even more money) & DD payment together by offering a discount of only £1.25 a month? am I being dense? Is this £1.25 over and above the non charge of £1.50 for paying by DD?

• 2 months later...

Hello.As a new comer could I ask if members have seen the following in the draft Ofcom Guidance.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/addcharges/addcharges.pdf

BT letters to me make it quite clear that the non DD charge is based on recovery of bad debts from Non DD payers and hence is unfair in the view of Ofcom.

Very interesting, thanks for that. Let's see what happens when the Ofcom report comes out later this year.

• 3 months later...
Guest merchantacquiring

Hi,

This is site where i found EDIT very easy and simple. Visit this site and you will find very easy processing.

Edited by freakyleaky
Commercial link removed. Please read the site rules.