Nat west CC Problem !

Dancer199
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just recieved a letter from Nat WEST cc after requesting £460 in charges back, They offered me £168 after I sent them a letter saying I would take them to court if they did not pay the full amount plus interest.

What do I do now ?

I sent the same letter to mbna before xmas and they paid in full straight away !

Which letter do I send now !

Sorry to be a pain to you guys but Im not sure where to go now

Thankyou

Send them a partial acceptance/LBA. They may or may not up their offer but it won't be for the full amount. Then file at court using N1. This is what I did for my husbands Natwest credit card. They get Cobbetts their solicitors on the case, state their intention to defend and offer a bit more. Turn it down, speak to Cobbetts (they were very reasonable). They'll say they will win in court, £12 is okay and all that rubbish, send solicitor an email quoting OFT guidelines about the £12 charge etc, offer to accept a reduced amount (I reduced ours by a tenner just to make it look reasonable lol). Next thing you know they pay up. Less than 8 weeks start to finish. i personally thought it was a pushover, almost as easy as Capital One. I have copies of the letters I sent, let me know if you want me to pm them to you.

I can't guarantee, can only say what happened in our case.

And they sent a cheque direct to him instead of taking it off the outstanding balance!...........However they have closed his cc account. Fortunately we had used the money refunded to pay off most of the balance so now only owe a small amount anyway so not too bothered about them closing the account. They have also said the account was closed before the charges refund, which is rubbish but thats the way they work.

Hi Wendy,

Thankyou for the reply, If you could forward the letter template you used that would be greatly appreciated. Also could you advise on where to get the OFT guidelines you mention.

Thanks

Dancer199