Am I being bullied or am I just paranoid???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been having problems for the past few months with my manager, in oct I asked her to let me have 2 different written work procedures, as I didnt feel confident enough to do the job without them. i am still waiting!

This has caused some friction between us as she keeps saying she hasnt got time to do them, yet she is able to find time to download her holiday photos to her personal computer, take/make numerous personal phone calls, book holidays on the internet.

We seem to clash now on most aspects of the job, and I was recently taken into an informal meeting with my manager and a HR representitive.

She has now said that my attitude is now unacceptable and I am causing an atmosphere in the office, also the way I speak to certain other members of the team are offended by the way I speak to them. I have asked the individual concerned and have been told that I havent offended him and he hasnt noticed any atmosphere problems.

She stays late most nights and told HR it was because of a large work load, she also told them she hadnt a problem at all with my work!!

I have been advised to keep a diary, but feel as though this could cause even more problems.

I really need some advise cause I dont know what to do next as i feel that she just wants me out of the office.

Hi there, what was the outcome of the meeting with your manager and HR? were there any corrective actions agreed to improve the situation i.e. what was decided about the written procedures you requested? was a date suggested to review the situation?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hr have advised that we work at getting on together, 1 to 1's and she is going to monitor my development re training etc. she is also going to advise the manager!

that I should try to revise how i speak to her and other staff members, I havent a problem with trying to do this but feel that no one has proved i have done anything wrong, it is my word against my managers.

I'm glad to see that HR will be monitoring the situation regarding your training and development and you may find that things will improve now the matter has been acknowledged and a plan for remedy in place. Were you given any examples of what your manager deemed unacceptable attitude and were you given guidelines on how it could be improved?

At your 1 to 1 meeting with your manager you should bring up the subject of her accusation that your attitude with regard to team communication is unsatisfactory, and explain to her why you feel it is unjustified. If it cannot be remedied between you, then you should raise it with HR.

How long have you been in there and what type of business is it?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hr have said that if they have to intervene again it will have to become formal, i.e. greivence procedure. all i want to do is get on with my work not cause anyone any problems.

one thing my manager did say was that i dont talk to her very much, and i explained to her that i cant talk and work, never have been able to, i have been working 34 yrs and have never had this problem before.

i have worked in the office for 9 months there are only the 2 of us and then higher management, it is the export business

I can understand how upsetting this must be for you if you have never encountered problems in the workplace before. Is your manager new to your department or are you in a new position? (Apologies for all the questions I'm just trying to understand the background to your situation).

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

I see, it can sometimes be difficult to adapt to a style of management that is different to that which you have been used to, especially when you have a long and exemplary work record. I hope that with the 1 to 1 sessions and the HR involvement in your development you will soon feel more comfortable in your environment. However, if you still feel the situation has not improved then you will need to consider raising a grievance.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn