Paypal reversal Help needed please..!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For me, it went from printout to Ombudsman to total radio silence for about 3 weeks (they have a caseload) but after an initial written acknowledgement, I chased them by phone (ah that magic reference number!) and was able to find out who was waiting for whom.

When Paypal sent me emails I forwarded them along, when their debt goons called me I forwarded that on, *always* labelled with the reference number and thre months later I'm sorted.

The Ombudsman won't be rushed - they defend both sides right to time to consider and reply, but when they do get things settled, *if* you're still unhappy you have a very solid audit trail to take to court if necessary.

For me it was twelve weeks, not eight, but I had Christmas to slam the anchors on all round.

Good luck!

:) blinking _idiot

Barclays settled in full 30/04/2007

Lloyds TSB settled in full 12/04/2007

Paypal reversal refunded 03/02/2008

Unfortunately you have become victim to the latest wave in **** bags who buy from ebay, then issue a chargeback because under paypals rules they normally come down in favor of the buyer because the credit card companies refund the money.

I had the same happen to me with a mobile phone I sold, the **** bag reversed the charge and didnt answer any emails from me....luckily I had the IMEI number so I reported the phone stolen which would have barred it, however I was then £80 out of pocket + and £80 phone down!.

This is the huge risk of dealing with Paypal, the internet is full of these stories and whilst paypal have a monoloply being part of ebay, this will continue to happen!.