Just had a funny row with DLC!

olliepup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

God what prats they are!

Some lady on the phone raising her voice to me demanding money, so i made an offer and there was no way she was accepting it.

Ranting on about my earnings etc etc.

So i just told her to take me to court! and told her again and for 380 quid i'd laugh!

She then said they were debt collectors which i made clear i was quite aware of and that's the reason she wouldn't carry out her next threat in sending someone round to take things from my house.

That's when i got really mad and ask what hell do they think they are on making threats she can't keep, i reminded her they would need to take me to court and i would need to fail making the payments on a ccj before anyone would remove anything so get your facts right.

Then i started laughing and asked her to take me to courts again.

She said lets stop all this and start again, so i said yes ok once you realise you shouldn't be going around making threats to people that they can't legally carry out.

Then she accepted my payment and we said goodbye.

She did mention that if it went to court would they take my wifes earnings into account even though it's not joint debt??

She kept asking her earnings etc but i just told her it's nothing to do with you.

Very funny though and entertaining, think i'll CCA them now!

God what prats they are!

Some lady on the phone raising her voice to me demanding money, so i made an offer and there was no way she was accepting it.

Ranting on about my earnings etc etc.

So i just told her to take me to court! and told her again and for 380 quid i'd laugh!

She then said they were debt collectors which i made clear i was quite aware of and that's the reason she wouldn't carry out her next threat in sending someone round to take things from my house.

That's when i got really mad and ask what hell do they think they are on making threats she can't keep, i reminded her they would need to take me to court and i would need to fail making the payments on a ccj before anyone would remove anything so get your facts right.

Then i started laughing and asked her to take me to courts again.

She said lets stop all this and start again, so i said yes ok once you realise you shouldn't be going around making threats to people that they can't legally carry out.

Then she accepted my payment and we said goodbye.

She did mention that if it went to court would they take my wifes earnings into account even though it's not joint debt??

She kept asking her earnings etc but i just told her it's nothing to do with you.

Very funny though and entertaining, think i'll CCA them now!

You have to feel sympathy for them coz they have a dull life working for these DCA's & are proberbly unloved/unappreciated :D

The morons dont realize that they will only end up getting what you can tell the court you can realistically pay, once they take into account all outgoings etc...

The DCA's dont like that 1 bit & would rather you were intimidated into paying an amount you really couldnt afford...before it went to court :rolleyes:

That's exactly what i said, what is the point in me agreeing with her today that i can pay what she wanted then default on it anyway as i couldn't afford it in the first place, said then you will be ......... off and she said they would which made me laugh, so what is the point in agreeing? Muppets.

Thanks to this site i was well armed with facts and can do's and cannots, by the end she must of thought i was a mystery shopper for the OFT!

Ollie pup now Ollie rotweiler! LOL.

On a serious note though saying the things she was in the tone she was could really intimidate people that are frightened easily and that said person was feeling depressed anyway could lead to nasty outcome.

I wonder what training they have as they do not know their trade and should factual at all times!

She was saying ooo i'm a debt collector like it was a profession to be proud of....hardly a Doctor is it!

That's exactly what i said, what is the point in me agreeing with her today that i can pay what she wanted then default on it anyway as i couldn't afford it in the first place, said then you will be ........off and she said they would which made me laugh, so what is the point in agreeing? Muppets.

Thanks to this site i was well armed with facts and can do's and cannots, by the end she must of thought i was a mystery shopper for the OFT!

Ollie pup now Ollie rotweiler! LOL.

On a serious note though saying the things she was in the tone she was could really intimidate people that are frightened easily and that said person was feeling depressed anyway could lead to nasty outcome.

I wonder what training they have as they do not know their trade and should factual at all times!

She was saying ooo i'm a debt collector like it was a profession to be proud of....hardly a Doctor is it!

When they come across "customers" like you who dont say..yes/no/3 bags full to them - they dont like it whatsoever & thats when they show their true colours.

They have no training at all & are proberbly just given the job there and then after they go for the interview. :rolleyes:

Rtech yes it will, didn't have time yesterday and once it lands i should cease payments until they come up with it?

And if they don't i'll make them a offer for settlement as it isn't a big debt anyway.

They shouldn't demand any money once the CCA request lands?

Debt collecting is a fairly low life job i think, i couldn't personally do it!

DLC have had me in tears a few times but fortunately now I've been getting proper advise from people like you on here and another forum. They hate the word 'dispute' though. Thats a great word to **** them off. When I phoned them asking for a address to cpmplain about nasty calls the lady actedshocked at me as if that sort of call never happens and when I asked her for where I could get recordings of calls she said they don't record them.

Funny that since in the last call we were advised it was being recorded and that they had recorded proof we agreed to pay the debt... I don't think so....

I can well imagine them upsetting people to the point of tears!

She was a joker i was talking too asking me to magic work out of thin air as i'm self employed and took my earnings and mortgage payment and thought all the surplus was free to pay them!

Clearly lived at home with mummy once i actually informed her of the cost of real living....insurances council tax etc etc what fools.

If i ever win the lottery i would wind all the DCA's into a frenzy to the point of court and then pay them a reduced offer, be alot of fun.

Then i would make a healthy donation to this site as it's been a real help!!