Virgin have served me with a default notice please help.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I will try to keep this short but please ask if anyone needs more info!

Basically I moved and couldn't take Virgin phone with me, I wanted to keep them for broadband and they said no problem as soon as I had a BT phone.

Well thats a serious problem because the previous tennant hasn't cleared his account and bt won't give me so now Virgin Media have served me a default notice because I won't pay the years contract up as I want to stay with them once I have the bt phone sorted! (If that ever happens!!)

Should I pay? Do I have to pay? They say pay and when I go back for Broadband they'll refund me but I don't trust them at all!!!!

PLEASE ADVISE SOMEONE:-|

Thanks

Dan

Hi,

Can't you use another provider that leases lines off of BT Wholesale and not take their broadband ?

That way you technically have a BT line you just pay another company the line rental.

BT has to provide a landline by law (for 999 calls) providing your not a debtor or a silent/abusive caller, etc....

Throw that at their customer service on 0800 800 150 !!!

I sent this today, just added a bit at the beginning, thought i'd just let peeps know.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number ********

In response to your default notice served under section 87 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and with reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of said credit agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

I understand a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

I also understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

• 2 weeks later...