HSBC managed account - Trying to remove a invalid? default

chris1977
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do your homework and back them so far into a corner that their arse is sticking out of the wall on the other side HSBC will fold every time :)

pete

Well it certainly worked this time! Massive thanks to CAG and all who helped with this :)

Chris

Are you going to tell us what happens or ar we all going to go mad with suspense? ;)

haha sorry mate. Not sure what I can and can't say in an open forum really, but the long and the short of it is that I'm withdrawing my claim.....:cool:

haha sorry mate. Not sure what I can and can't say in an open forum really, but the long and the short of it is that I'm withdrawing my claim.....:cool:

Before you do, make sure you have by consent order that there will not be any order for costs against you as Part 38 CPR could put a fly in the ointment and leave you stung for a big bill;)

Before you do, make sure you have by consent order that there will not be any order for costs against you as Part 38 CPR could put a fly in the ointment and leave you stung for a big bill;)

Apparently there's a Tomlin Order in today's post so I'm hoping that will cover everything....?

I must admit, this is not something I'd considered so thanks for bringing this up :eek:

Apparently there's a Tomlin Order in today's post so I'm hoping that will cover everything....?

I must admit, this is not something I'd considered so thanks for bringing this up :eek:

Good job i mentioned it,

Id say it depends on the wording of the Tomlin too, be careful what you sign,

If in doubt shout and we will see what advice we can give

If you need to you can shout me on [email protected]

regards

paul

Good job i mentioned it,

Id say it depends on the wording of the Tomlin too, be careful what you sign,

If in doubt shout and we will see what advice we can give

If you need to you can shout me on [email protected]

regards

paul

Thanks Paul. I'm expecting it to be in the post today so I should know more this evening....

Paul, does this apply in Small Claims? This is from CPR Part 38:

Liability for costs

(1) Unless the court orders otherwise, a claimant who discontinues is liable for the costs which a defendant against whom the claimant discontinues incurred on or before the date on which notice of discontinuance was served on the defendant.

(2) If proceedings are only partly discontinued –

(a) the claimant is liable under paragraph (1) for costs relating only to the part of the proceedings which he is discontinuing; and

(b) unless the court orders otherwise, the costs which the claimant is liable to pay must not be assessed until the conclusion of the rest of the proceedings.

(3) This rule does not apply to claims allocated to the small claims track.

Is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks

Chris