style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I had a visit from the bailiffs, the company was Jacobs who were representing Solihull Council regarding outstanding council tax. On the first visit it was a bailiff called Mr X, he knocked the door and tried to enter but the door was locked. I shut all the windows and went out of the back door and locked it and then went through my gate onto the drive. At first he was polite but once he realised that he wasn't going to get anywhere he became quite angry and threatening, I decided to walk away but Mr X came at me as if he was going to hit me and I stepped behind my gate and used gate to created a shield and force him behind the gate, I asked why he tried to hit me and we exchanged some verbals, I reached over the gate and stuck out my chin and asked him to take a shot, he declined and got quite angry, I could see that I had got the better of him and he was rattled. I went back into the house and he was stood outside the house ranting at the top of voice, I picked up the phone and indicated that I was dialing 999, he didn't hang around, one nil to me.

A week or two later Jacobs were back, This time in a big red van with two bailiffs, The main man was Mr X2(not real name) Bailliff in Charge and he had another guy with him, an asian guy who was about seven foot tall and who was rather wide although flabby wide rather than Mr Universe wide. Again I did the same as before, locked the doors but like a fool I left the bathroom window open. I went out of the gate and they mentioned who they were and told them I had nothing to give them, they were crowding me into the corner of the drive so I was unable to go anywhere, My back was against the wall and I getting intimidated, they were moving closer and closer, I side stepped them and smiled, sorry lads, got to fly, things to do and walked off. Then they started to follow me up the road, shouting at me, I nipped into the woods and watched them drive around the area and I thought I'd come out and walk down a main road near to my house, They came flying down the road in the red van and pulled up beside and said that my bathroom window is open and if they got back before me they would break in via the window, The race was on, I didn't give them the chance finish the sentence, I was off, running straight into oncoming traffic, I nearly got run over but I didn't let that slow me down, I went like a rocket, I didn't think I could run that fast, I could hear the engine from the van at full revs behind me, I keep running, through the gate, locked the doors and sorted the bathroom window, they posted a letter through the door and it was good bye and two nil to me.

After those two incidents I decided to complain to the council and I told them that I would be filming and recording all visits in future and all my documents relating to the outstanding bill will be posted on my blog and recordings posted on uTube. It was at this point they decided to take notice, I told them I will not pay the bailiffs and if they want me to clear outstanding amount then I would be happy to do via the council on my terms, which they did, three nil to me. You could say that may be a point to council but I always intended to pay but on my terms.

Pleased you got the result you wanted, however, urging people to provoke a bailiff in the hope they will be attacked in order to claim compo?!?!

Before i found this site i had dealings with this firm and whilst unpleasant and deeply distressing, at no point do i recall thinking "yep, go on big boy, take a swipe at the 5 ft 4 gibbering woman in front of you and i can clear my debt"

Is it just me or have i missed something here?

Might be because your a women, you tend to think about flowers and all things bright & beautiful, you need to think more like a football hooligan, like the bailiffs thinks, most of these guys that run these firms were in footy firms back in the day, I'd imagine that some still go down the match for dust up on a Saturday afternoon.

I have removed compo bit, I do appreciate where your coming from.

I found a kitten the other day and then found its owner and then I did my washing...... sounds like good plan you have for the evening because that was a good day for me and the kitten and its owner, need any help?