Advice re credit card default due to banks charges

Crossley56
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, My credit card account went into default due to the £150 per month charges placed on my current account by HSBC.

I hope/wish to add this as a condition of my court claim for £2000, so that the default is removed and the card reinstated, once I have put the credit card account back into credit. Any advice?

Hi, My credit card account went into default due to the £150 per month charges placed on my current account by HSBC.

I hope/wish to add this as a condition of my court claim for £2000, so that the default is removed and the card reinstated, once I have put the credit card account back into credit. Any advice?

that shouldnt be a problem, make sure that you put in the appropriate line(s) in your preliminary regarding this (from the library), however i dont believe that they have to reinstate your credit card if they dont want to, they could justify it as a business decision

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

I would ask the bank to refund any charges to your credit card account through late payment etc.

And ask for an apology.

hmm thats not very likely i think

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Hi the only reason I wish to include it, apart from it being their fault it defaulted, is that they want the entire balance back. So by asking for it to be reinstated I get the time to repay it, just as I would have got if they had not applied the £1800 charges on my bank account.

The charges would not have occured if they had increased my overdraft limit from £900 to £1500, last September as I requested them to. Strange that as far as savings go we are individuals but borrowing we are massed together by their credit scoring system.