• Tweets

• Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Studio Card have pee'd me off.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have an account with this bunch of dimwits actually mean to say had and account as l am about to CCA them and l wont hold my breath over the CCA being available.

This bunch of idiots have really pee'd me off because they have not sent me christmas presents and the presents they have sent me are broken.

They have ignored me for over 6months over one christmas present that turned up broken they have refused to accept it back and are demanding payment for it. Ok i understand they cant accept personalised items back but if they are broken as in not fit to do the job they were ment to do then l am sure they have to take this item back.

I have spoken to TS over this and they have said if it is company policy then we can t do anything about it.

So i say £$%& company policy and they can go and £$%& them selfs if they think l am paying them for missing or broken orders especailly a £200 vodaphone mobile phone which they say is not covered in there returns policy once it is open the screen is broken and you cant see that threw the box.

God why do companys think they can do what they like as long as they get there money?

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just wrote a official complaint letter to them detailing everything l am unhappy about.

I dont think it is a good idea to send it as l did write it when angry but it does not contain anything offensive just my demands.

I am wondering should l post the letter as this will defently get my complaint delt with or should l wait and look at it in a couple of days?

Chrissi

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Ty Paul.

I just cant believe how this gap year student could think that he was rite when the goods are not fit for purpose and they dont have to have the items back.

Chrissi

All tho after writing that letter l feel a lot better

Rite sent the CCA request of today.

Went buy recorded as the post office wanted to charge me £6.10 p for special delivery for one piece of A4 paper and a postal order.

Sure it should have been more like £4.10p.

The mad woman told me cause she works for the PO she was rite.

whatever.

Chrissi

Yes and MTM rory is correct.

You question was not very specific...........maybe you should have been more specific about what you wanted as an answer.

Chrissi

There is no £6.10 rate for special delivery, she she is talking out of her back side.

£9.35 for before 9am delivery

£4.20 for before 1am delivery

I know that Alf.

This woman is as thick as 2 planks of wood. She said to me before christmas that a letter l posted recorded delivery on the 19th Dec would not get there till after christmas.

When l pointed out to her that it will be delivered before christmas as the last guarenteed date before christmas was 21st Dec.

She then decided to say to me dont correct me in front of my staff.

I then politely, well for me anyway, pointed out a notice that was pinned up stating it.

red faced or what.

Now she refuses to serve me unless there is no one else on.

Chrissi

CCA request recieved today.

well strangley enough l know they dont have an agreement so l no l wont get anything back.

I was never sent one to sign so that put me in the rite from the start.

If they had bothered to play ball then this would not have happened so it is there fault.

Chrissi

Well just looked on line and they cashed the PO on the 10th so the days are being counted. Needless to say they have added service charges of £29.24 and admin charges of £20.00.

They have also re charged me for something that they charged me on a previous statement.

Chrissi.

Well they have 2 choices with me. Give up or I will make them pay. I will take them to court for harassement if necessary.

I am going to SAR them over the Next few weeks so this is going to be fun.

Chrissi

had some fun today.

Studio rang from a withheld number, thought it was my mum as she cont unlock the withheld bit from her phone.

Convo went a bit like this.

Hello can l please speak to The GodMother.

speaking.

I am calling on behalf of studio cards.

oh good where is my CCA Request.

Before l can answer your questions can you please confirm to me your adress, dob and telephone number.

Soory where did you say my CCA request was.

Can u confirm to me you address dob and telephone number.

I dont see why l need to cinfirm them to you as you have them in front of you. Where is my CCA request.

tryies to say summing but l could not hear her.

No i am not interested in the lies you are saying as i want to know where my CCA request is.

Turned the speaker phone on and went to check on dinner.

Look until i get a cca request from you that is valid i am not discussing my accountwith u. GET ME MY VALID CCA or l will reprort you to trading standars and the OFT.

I think she then hung up on me as the phone went silent.

Oh l wont be letting them fob me off with any thing they want to. they will be feeling the full force of me.

Chrissi

Well not only the force but the CAG.

Chrissi

these idiots dont understand mudh do they.

They telephoned a couple of days ago and they hung up on me. they called back today.

rang from this number 01254302200 @15 51 this afternoon.

Hello can l speak to The GodMother

Who is this

Studio cards. Can u confirm that l am speaking to The GodMother

Everything in writing please

I cant deal with your request until you confirm to me that l am speaking to The God Mother.

Yes I can confirm that can u please confirm that you are now going to put evrything in writing please Thought it would be helpful if they could just confirm that so they could put a note on screen.

CAn you confirm this is The Godmother of Mafia avenue Mafia.......................she kinda got cut of there by me.

Look i have already asked you once and have confirmed my name then re asked you please comfirm you are going to put everything in writing as l can request that you do under the office of fair tradings debt collection guideline. Heard a noise in the backrouns and tuned round to see my partner brother and son quickly leaving the kitchen via the door they just entered.

I cannot confirm anything until you confirm to me that l am speaking to the corrrect person.

Look i have confirmed to you my name and that l want everything in writing if you cannont confirm to me that studio cards are willing to put everything in writing to me then l will be reporting studio cards to trading standards and to the office of fair trading for breaking the debt collection guidelines.

Before l can confirm anything l need to confirm.............

Rite well i am now exercising my write and reporting you to Trading standards and the office of fair trading .

Good bye.

At that point my partner stuck his head round the door and asked if it was safe to cum in. He also said it sounded like i never gave them a fair chance and l smacked there asses.

Please could somebody point me in the direct of a telephone harrassement letter please.

Chrissi

Hi paul.

Ty for that letter. I was looking in the debt forums.

Caz.

I found that with them as well. They sent me broken orders and were tring to charge me for unrecieved orders. There debt recovery department would promised someone would ring me back and l am still waiting and this was october.

I have added a line to the letter saying that they have 7 days to comply with my request or l reserve the rite to issue court procedings against them.

Dint care if they dont comply as l will issue the procedings.

Chrissi

Just looked on line at my account. The cheeky *&^% have changed my telephone number.

they had my home number that l have had disconnected to stop telephone harassement from shop direct financal services and some how they have changed it to my mobile number.

So to be a non awkard person l have changed it back to the home number. Now lets see what happens. They are going to be in recipt of the telephone harassement letter within the next couple of days so l cant wait for the next call.

Just wondering have they broken and rules laws etc by changing my number without permission and by contacting me on a number l did not give them permission to contact me on?

Chrissi

Just a quick update.

Have sent the telephone harassement letter and another copy of the official complaint off today as well as the mobile phone.

Have not recieved anything from them re a CCA or even an acknoledgemnt to my letter.

No fun phonecalls today but there is still monday.

Chrissi

qucik update.

Sent the complaint and the phone by SD and they still have not reached there.

the telephone harassement letter went recorded as they had ran out of SD slips.

Chrissi

Well accordingto the website the phone official complaint and telephones harassesmnt was recieved yesterday.

Chrissi

Good Afternoon All.

The postie arrived about and hour ago. Look what he brought me

mycca.jpg

And

noccaletter.jpg

Well they have complied in a way. I have a trading statement. it must be the new name for statements.

This as we no it would be is full of service charges, which in the CCA states is a interest charge, and admin fees how is £20 a month a reasonable cost for admin fees?

I know they have not complied but please feel free to comment. I am going to wait the full 12 days and then send them a letter saying you have not complied so leave me alone.

Will get round to sorting out the trading statement later they still have not taken the phone off the account tho as l have checked on line.

Chrissi

yer alf we all are inteligant enough to say no cca no pay.

I just thought l would show everyone they are very compidence...cough cough.

Any ideas on how to procede?

BTW forgot to add. All details on the 'credit agreement' are correct. The document, as you may guess, is not signed by me.

Have roughly woked out he charges on the account.

Invoices on account £1236.85

credit notes £ 328.08 *

service charges £ 75.46

Admin charges £ 80.00 *

payments made £ 368.87

Invoices include the p+p costs, credit notes l am wait for some to be added which were part of my formal complaint, Service charges more to add me thinks, admin charge more to add me thinks, payments made none recently due to the fact l was disputing the amount with them.

Chrissi

Oh l will do alf.

I will also not have 6 years of harrassement form them they have not meet chrissi yet. I have scared the boys into the garden just from Studio ringing me so l think l can scare studio.

I have been re reading your thread and have realised that they may take a while but they will get there in the end even if i have to put it in big multi coloured letters for them.

Chrissi

Well i think the flaws are.

It is not signed by me.

It is a sample credit agreement

They are asking for payment on a disputed account?

Have l got them all.

yes l do no what to do next.

I am sending the feck off and stay fecked off letter to them. Maybe they will get the message but l am going to be making it very clear to them that they will not be chasing me for this debt as it is not enforcable. Well once the 12 working days are up.

Chrissi

Chrissi