Remus v Cap1

remus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, claiming charges from Cap1 on a closed account. Have received their response (very quick I must say:cool: ) and they are very kindly offering to refund the difference of the £12 fee.

As that reduces my claim to a 1/4, the lba will be raised and posted on monday:D .

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the response Steven.

CapOne have responded to my lba with the usual "lets not waste the courts time":rolleyes:

I am chomping at the bit, as they are so dam efficient, my 14 days are not yet up.

But it has given me time to read some posts, which have answered my questions.

You're doing a great job, many thanks:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

They stall, hoping you go away, as the thought of possibly going to court, frightens some people off. The only way they will pay out is to file your N1.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks for all your responses:)

I wanted to get my claim in today as I wont be near the court for a couple of weeks and Sods law, I ran out of ink and had to write a lot of the poc, not very professional looking, but I hope it does the job:o

funhat, looks like we are at the same point in our claims, good luck to you, let's hope Cap1 are as quick with the refund;) as they are with their responses.

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

• 1 month later...

I rang the court last week, as I had heard nothing, and they had mislayed my claim!

Called in with my citicards claim, and now have both claims issued 29th feb, response needed by 14th March:D

Note to all, don't be afraid to speak to the court to find out how things are progressing, they are obviously human:rolleyes:

ps, reprinted the poc, much neater.

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

I rang the court last week, as I had heard nothing, and they had mislayed my claim!

Called in with my citicards claim, and now have both claims issued 29th feb, response needed by 14th March:D

Note to all, don't be afraid to speak to the court to find out how things are progressing, they are obviously human:rolleyes:

ps, reprinted the poc, much neater.

That's good then.

Yeah totally agree with the courts, they're not scary or daunting at all. Don't forget, you're paying to use the service, so they do give a good level of customer service ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, received letter from court with cap 1s intention to defend last week.

Today have received my 'we do not admit', but as a gesture of goodwill..:D .

Just one question, I know I have to tell the court once its settled (cheque received and cleared:) ), but as they are saying we will inform the court that we have settled, should I inform the court that I am awaiting settlement, and once received I will confirm with the court?

Very efficient Cap 1;), shame on you citicards not responding yet:rolleyes:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Yes, tell the court that no settlement has yet been reached as you have not receieved payment. Once you have received payment write to the court and let them know. In bith cases, a short letter in plain English will do.

And, BTW, CONGRAULATIONS!

Thanks Steven, thats what I thought, they can all be slippery little beggers;)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Thanks Steven, thats what I thought, they can all be slippery little beggers;)

They tried the same stunt with me, so I wrote to both them and the court saying I was rejecting their offer and they can send me a cheque and remove my default then I will withdraw my claim. Haven't heard a pip from them yet.

Hi funhat,

Cap 1 are settling in full + the interest:).

I didn't go for default removal, which is most probably why they are taken longer to sort yours.

Good luck, hope it gets sorted soon;)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08