Account closure

nooneshotjr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i'm not sure if i'm posting this in the right forum, so apologies if i am not, and please move it to where it should be!

i have/had a couple of accounts with abbey - a current account and an e-saver. i don't use these anymore b/c i became incredibly tired of abbey's atrocious customer service, so i moved everything over to natwest who have been brilliant.

i wrote to abbey in october asking for both accounts to be closed with immediate effect; both accounts had zero balance. (i made sure of the latter after reading numerous accounts in the paper about how people had problems getting their balances from abbey upon account closure!) despite writing to them in plenty of time, i received statements of account in october and november, although not december. i have received nothing in writing from them concerning the closure of accounts.

anyway, after reading some of the posts on this site, where dcas are trying to collect on accounts years after closure when people thought they had zero balances, it occurred to me that i probably want to ensure i get some proof from abbey that my accounts are closed and at zero balance. so i was wondering if there is some recommended verbage i can hit them with? as in, are they required to confirm the closure or anything?

any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Hi, nooneshotjr.

You could always give them a phone and ask them for written confirmation.

Or send them a S.A.R. You will find one in here.........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

That should get everthing they have on you. Including whether the accounts are closed or not.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

They have 40 days to reply to the SAR and that should tell you whether or not they have closed your account.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed