Day out in Hereford

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently i spent a day in Hereford,being a Proud Welshman with an obvious welsh accent i was gob smacked with the looks and negative attitude that i received just because of my accent.

I did think this must just be my mind playing games,but when i got home i did a bit of digging and came along this.

BBC - Hereford and Worcester - About Herefordshire - Herefordshire in Wales?

I went to Hereford once.

It was shut..

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

ok

where's

LLANCILLO

LLANCLOUDY

LLANDINABO

LLANGARRON

LLANGROVE

LLANGUA MON

LLANGARRON

LLANROTHAL

LLANVEYNOE

CLUE not wales !!

And what has the above got to do with the negative attitude i was shown whils't in Hereford

thought you would work it out places in hereford and worcestershire that have nicked "welsh names"

Completely agree, after reading original thread it's certainly casts doubt that Hereford has always been in England, well spotted T.A.:D

The Royal Charters of the City of Hereford

Hereford’s place in the history books was assured over 1,000 years ago and many chapters have since been added. Not all of Hereford’s history is to be found in books however and amongst the most fascinating links with the city’s past are its numerous Charters, Proclamations and other manuscripts.

The second earliest Charter is a grant of fee farm to the city by Richard l in 1189. It measures only 5.5inches by 4.5 inches (14 cm x 11.4cm) . A translation reads as follows:

“Richard, by the Grace of God, King of England, Duke of Normandy and Aquitane and Count of Anjou, To all Archbishops, Bishops, Abbotts, Earls, Barons, Justices, Sheriffs, Ministers and all faithful subjects in France and throughout all England, health.

Know ye that we grant to our citizens of Hereford in Wales the town of Hereford to hold in perpetuity upon their rendering forty pounds sterling per annum, and also they shall afford their assistance in fortifying that town. And for this grant they shall give to us forty marks in silver. Therefore we command that they hold the said town in perpetuity by the aforesaid rent of forty pounds per annum, with all its free liberties and free customs and all things thereto belonging. So that no sheriff of ours shall intrude in any wise upon them concerning any plea, quarrel or other thing relating to the aforesaid town.

Witnesses: H. Bishop of Durham; W. de St. Johanne.

Dated from Westminster the first year of our reign the ninth of October under the hand of W. De Longo Campo our Chancellor-elect of Ely.”

The following Charters and many others of great interest are in an excellent state of preservation and are housed in the Town Hall in cases presented on 1st June 1909, to the Corporation by Mr. W T Carless, Town Clerk.