Disabled Consumer Issues Podcast

Bunts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

and would you be the devoted boyfriend Thomas Bunting?

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

I am currently listening to the podcast and I'm actually appalled by it. This isn't addressing disabled issues, the speaker comes across as some pretentious lassie who expects special treatment because she is in a wheelchair.

She complained about a small business not having chip and pin so asked her to sign the card, she says on the podcast that she could sign the card for herself but she needed something to lean on - a completely different issue to what you said about the store refusing to allow you to sign, presumable the card bears her signature?

"we couldn't believe anything that came out [the shopkeeper with missing teeths] mouth because she looked ridiculous" in particular galled me, if someone had said that your girlfriend looked ridiculous and couldn't be believed because she's in a wheelchair you'd be livid!

Some parts have a valid message hidden in the rubbish, calling the owner of a bus company a t*** isn't acceptable, even if some of his buses aren't accessible to wheelchairs. Some people who aren't in wheelchairs can't reach high things in shops, that's what assistants are for. Not everyone who is disabled has a wheelchair, the comments about the assistant at the self service really got to me, the speaker acknowledged that he seemed to have CP but still went on about his social skills. I think that this particular assistant would have treated all of his customers the same in that situation - he sounds a lot like my niece who is autistic.

I'm sorry but I'm quite glad there was only one episode.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

oh and incidentally it is not illegal to not have chip and pin but asking a customer to sign when there are chip and pin machines available can be construed as attempted fraud.

yup, didn't miss much.

the guy removed the link when i dared make a criticism.